STATE OF CALIFORNIA, PETE WILSON, Governor
March 19, 1998
RE: Variance Request #46 - Allow for overnight storage of construction and excavated materials within the right-of-way behind residences, business, and schools along Segment 4B.
Dear Mr. Shauers:
We have reviewed the above-referenced variance request and approve your request, based on the following factor:
- All applicable mitigation measures for the project shall be implemented at the subject locations.
- As proposed by PPSI (February 4, 1998), this variance approval is only granted for the residences, schools, and businesses identified on the following Segment 4B Alignment Sheets:
117M1005 117M1011 117M1018 117M1028 117M1036
117M1007 117M1012 117M1019 117M1032 117M1037
117M1008 117M1013 117M1020 117M1033 117M1038
117M1009 117M1014 117M1024 117M1034 117M1039
117M1010 117M1017 117M1026 117M1035
- Spoil storage within the right-of-way shall be done in such a manner as to not obstruct the line of site of adjacent residences, schools, and businesses. In no case shall a spoil pile exceed five feet in height where residences, schools, or businesses have an unobstructed view of the railroad right-of-way.
- At street crossings, spoils shall be stored away from the road crossings on the back side of bore pits and trench boxes to screen the spoil piles from the driving public.
- As proposed, spoils shall not touch any fences or walls.
- Implementation of this variance in accordance with the provisions noted above shall be verified on a random basis by a CPUC/ANF Environmental Monitor.
Spoils storage within right-of-way in accordance with this variance approval shall not to be allowed at any given location for more than 10 days.
Back to Variances Pages
Back to MMCRP Home Page