STATE OF CALIFORNIA, PETE WILSON, Governor
May 1, 1998
RE: Variance Request #74 - Extend construction hours to 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays, at the Cornfield Yards, City of Los Angeles (Segment 3).
Dear Mr. Shauers:
We have reviewed the above-referenced Variance Request and approve your request, based on the following factors:
- All applicable mitigation measures for the project shall be implemented at the subject locations.
- Prior to the commencement of construction within the Cornfield Yards, letters from the MTA and City of Los Angeles that document the request for extended construction hours shall be submitted to the CPUC Lead Environmental Monitor.
- Approval from the Los Angeles Police Commission of the proposed construction hours shall be submitted to the CPUC Lead Environmental Monitor prior to the commencement of construction.
- As proposed, the need for extended construction hours (5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.) on Saturdays and Sundays, shall be limited to four consecutive weekends.
- As proposed, 48-hour notice shall be provided to the CPUC Lead Environmental Monitor prior to the commencement of proposed construction activities.
- All businesses within 300 feet of construction activities within the Cornfield Yards shall be notified of the proposed weekend construction 72-hours prior to the commencement of such construction. All noise complaints received shall be filed immediately with the Los Angeles Police Commission, MTA, and CPUC Lead Environmental Monitor for consideration. Failure to file any noise complaints shall result in the immediate cessation of construction as granted under this variance approval.
- Implementation of this variance in accordance with the provisions noted above shall be verified on a random basis by a CPUC/ANF Environmental Monitor.
Back to Variances Pages
Back to MMCRP Home Page