STATE OF CALIFORNIA, PETE WILSON, GovernorFile Code 2720 Pacific Pipeline
Second Variance Request No. 85
Date: May 22, 1998
Via FAX 303-792-0227
Dear Mr. Shauers:
We have reviewed Variance Request #85 to extend the construction hours on the Angeles National Forest (ANF) to 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. between Mileposts (MP) 33 and 56.8, Monday through Saturday (Segment 2A), and approve your request, based on the following factors:
- All applicable mitigation measures for the project shall be implemented at the subject location.
- Pipe trucks and equipment trucks shall not use the Old Ridge Route access or Castaic Road access before 7:00 a.m.
- As proposed, signs to notify the public of construction activities will be posted close to the Paradise Ranch Development at least two weeks prior to construction in the area. Signs shall have a contact phone number for PPSI.
- As proposed, construction activities shall be limited to 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. between Old Ridge Route (Milepost 49) and the Templin Highway crossing (Milepost 50.9).
- Implementation of this variance in accordance with the provisions noted above shall be verified on a random basis by a CPUC/ANF Environmental Monitor.
cc: A. Barnsdale, 415-703-1184
H. Rastegar, 818-597-8001
R. Borden, 818-574-5233
H. Sarkissian, 818-556-2749
K. Lord 714-540-4881
Back to Variances Pages
Back to MMCRP Home Page