STATE OF CALIFORNIA, PETE WILSON,
- PUBLIC UTILITES COMMISSION
- 505 VAN NESS AVENUE
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102-3298
June 18, 1997
- Dean Shauers, Project Manager
- Pacific Pipeline System, Inc.
- 12201 E. Arapahoe Road, C10
- Englewood, CO 80112
RE: Variance Request #87 - Request to not use
reclaimed water during nighttime construction activities at the
Taylor Yard, Segment 3B.
Dear Mr. Shauers:
We have reviewed the above-referenced Variance
Request and approve your request, based on the following factors:
- Nighttime construction at the Taylor Yard
(Variance Request #59) was approved by the CPUC on April
- Given the hours of the Los Angeles
Department of Water and Powers (LADWP) Glendale
Plant, reclaimed water is not available for nighttime
construction. As a result, the PPSI contractor would like
to take water from the City of Los Angeles fire hydrants
(LADWP) to use for backfill and dust control purposes.
The contractor currently posses a Los Angeles City water
meter. Obtaining water from nearby fire hydrants would
minimize the truck trips required to transport water to
the subject construction site.
- Under Variance Request #26, approved by
the CPUC on October 23, 1997, the need to use reclaimed
water during nighttime construction activities along
Segment 4A was also waived.
- The following measures shall be
- All applicable mitigation measures for
the project shall be implemented at the subject location.
- Fire hydrants within Taylor Yard shall be
used to obtain water for back and dust control purposes.
- Implementation of this variance in
accordance with the provisions noted above shall be verified
on a random basis by a CPUC/ANF Environmental Monitor.
- Andrew Barnsdale
- Project Manager
- cc: R. Borden, ANF
- H. Rastegar, Aspen
Back to Variances Pages
Back to MMCRP Home Page