STATE OF CALIFORNIA, PETE WILSON, Governor
July 30, 1998
RE: Variance Request #96 - Allow for nighttime construction at the Tuxford Avenue crossing, City of Los Angeles, Segment 3.
Dear Mr. Shauers:
The CPUC and ANF have reviewed the above-referenced request and approve a modified version of your request (nighttime construction from 8:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.), based on the following factors:
- All applicable mitigation measures for the project shall be implemented at the subject location.
- All noise complaints received shall be filed immediately with the Los Angeles Police Commission and CPUC Lead Environmental Monitor for consideration. Failure to file any noise complaints shall result in the immediate cessation of construction as granted under this variance approval.
- Prior to the commencement of nighttime construction, 72-hour advance notice shall be provided to all land owners within 300 feet of the site. A copy of the notice shall be provided to the CPUC Environmental Monitor.
- As proposed, 48-hour notice shall be provided to the CPUC Lead Environmental Monitor prior to the commencement of nighttime construction at Tuxford Avenue.
- Implementation of this variance in accordance with the provisions noted above shall be verified on a random basis by a CPUC/ANF Environmental Monitor.
Back to Variances Pages
Back to MMCRP Home Page