to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) website for the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) review of proposed construction of Southern California Edison (SCE) Ritter Ranch Substation Project. An application for this project was submitted to the CPUC on May 30, 2007 (Application A.07-05-036). This site provides access to public documents and information relevant to the CEQA review process.
This Proponent's Environmental Assessment (PEA) evaluates the potential environmental impacts of SCE's proposed Ritter Ranch Substation Project (Proposed Project), and its alternatives, located in the southwestern area of the City of Palmdale. SCE proposes to construct the Ritter Ranch Substation Project on an existing three-acre graded parcel within the Ritter Ranch Development, currently under construction. The project would serve current and projected demand for electricity and maintain eleectric system reliability in the southwestern portion of the City of Palmdale and surrounding areas of unincorporated Los Angeles County (Electrical Benefits Area).
|Summary of Project Components
Ritter Ranch Substation
- 66 kV operating/transfer bus with seven circuit breakers
- Two transformer banks with associated high and low side disconnecting switches
- 12 kV operating/transfer bus equipped for four new 12 kV circuits
- Two 4.8 mega Volt-Ampere Reactive (MVAR) capacitor banks
- Station Automation System
66kV Subtransmission Lines
- Two existing 66 kV subtransmission lines located within an existing right-of-way adjacent to the proposed substation site looped into the substation, resulting in the creation of four 66 kV subtransmission line segments (each approximately 500 feet in length)
- Approximately eight double-circuit tubular stell poles to support the new 66 kV subtransmission line segments
Distribution Line Getaways
- Four new underground 12 kV distribution line getaways from within the Ritter Ranch Substation to the property boundary at Ranch Center Drive
- New overhead/undergound fiber optic cables between Ritter Ranch and Anaverde Substations and between Ritter Ranch and Shuttle Substations
- New fiber optic multiplex equipment and channel equipment in the Mechanical Electrical Equipment Room (MEER)
Project Documents Available
The application was deemed complete by CPUC on August 3, 2007.
The application and PEA for the Ritter Ranch Substation Project are available online.
Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) and Supporting Initial Study
For Additional Information
The CPUC, through its Environmental Review Team, is conducting an environmental review of the project. To request additional information or to be added to the mailing list, please contact us by email, fax, or phone, as follows:
The CPUC's Project Manager is:
Junaid Rahman, CPUC Project Manager
California Public Utilities Commission
505 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
Tel. (415) 703-5953
Fax (415) 703-2200