Skip to: Content | Footer | Accessibility
Click for RSS Feed of PUC Website     |    Resizing Fonts

Filing a Language Access Complaint
Welcome to the California Public Utilities Commission
Public Utilities Commission 505 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco, CA 94102

CPUC and Consumers

Skip Navigation LinksPUC > Consumer Information Center > CPUC and Consumers > Moving Companies

Moving Companies: Consumer Information Center

The CPUC licenses and regulates companies that move household goods within California. The companies must prove their financial and safety fitness. They must also prove to the CPUC that they have adequate insurance and they are subject to criminal background clearance by the California Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Planning a Move

If you are planning a move and have a list of possible moving companies, search our List of Companies to find out if a company is licensed and insured, the location of its headquarters, and more!

If you would like to know whether consumers have filed any complaints against a particular company, you can call us at 1-800-366-4782.

For more advice on planning a move, please see:

Filing a Complaint

If you have a billing or service problem with a moving company, and talking with the company does not resolve the problem, you can file a complaint with the CPUC.  For more information and detailed instructions for filing a complaint, please see our Moving Company Complaint web page.

For more information on how the CPUC can help you resolve issues, please see Do You Have a Question or Complaint?


Last Modified: 11/17/2015

Visit the CalPhoneInfo website!