Skip to: Content | Footer | Accessibility
Click for RSS Feed of PUC Website     |    Resizing Fonts

Filing a Language Access Complaint
Welcome to the California Public Utilities Commission
Skip Navigation LinksPUC > Enforcement > The Way to a Smooth Household Move or a Dream Ride

The Way to a Smooth Household Move or a Dream Ride

Ensure A Company is Operating Legally
Before you hire a limousine or moving company, be sure it is licensed to legally operate.  This includes the services of:
- Limousines
- Airport shuttles
- Scheduled or tour buses
- Residential moving companies
Check Permit or License Status of moving companies and passenger carriers to verify that a company is licensed and has insurance.

Helpful Tips
Read our tips for renting a limousine and tips for hiring a moving company before you enter a contract for service with a company. You can also contact the Better Business Bureau, check customer reviews of a company online, and ask to see a company’s business license.


File a Complaint
You can file a complaint with the CPUC if you find a company that is operating illegally. To make a complaint about a passenger carrier call 1-800-894-9444 or fill out a passenger carrier complaint form.  For moving companies call 1-800-366-4782 or fill out a moving complaint form.


Transportation Network Companies

Transportation Network Companies (TNCs) provide prearranged transportation services for compensation using an online-enabled application or platform (such as smart phone apps) to connect drivers using their personal vehicles with passengers. Learn more.


Last Modified: 3/4/2015

Visit the CalPhoneInfo website!