The CPUC will hold an educational discussion regarding the nature of the impact of new technologies and services on the traditional electric utility model. An expert panel will discuss their views of how the traditional utility business model is impacted by grid modernization and technological and service innovations, as well as what they believe some of the potential options are for addressing such challenges. This event is free and open to the public.
When: Oct. 8, 2013, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Where: CPUC Auditorium, 505 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco
Also available in real-time and archived via video webcast
- CPUC Commissioners
- California Energy Commission Chair
- California Independent System Operator President
- Joseph Scalise, Partner, Bain & Company (Presentation)
- Greg Guthridge, Global Managing Director, Accenture Energy Consumer Services (Presentation)
- Matthew Rogers, Director, McKinsey & Co. (Presentation)
- Investor-owned utility CEOs
CPUC En Banc Schedule of Speakers
RSVP (not required but appreciated)
This event is not held in conjunction with a proceeding. Although a quorum of Commissioners may attend, no decisions will be made.
If you plan to attend and need specialized accommodations, please contact the Public Advisor’s Office at least five business days in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 1-866-849-8390 or voice mail at (415) 703-2074.
Read our Media Advisory