May 7, 2015
CPUC approves two resolutions for a combined grant and loan amount of $3,323,205.
- Ultimate Internet Access, Inc., Helendale Project, extending high-speed internet service to approximately 2,279 households spread over 3.9 square miles in and adjoining the underserved community of Helendale which is located in San Bernardino County. Resolution T-17478.
- Ultimate Internet Access, Inc., Wrightwood Project, extending high-speed internet service to approximately 1,857 households spread over 3.2 square miles in and adjoining the underserved community of Wrightwood, which straddles the border between San Bernardino and Los Angeles counties. Resolution T-17475.
June 26, 2014
CPUC approves four resolutions for a combined grant and loan amount of $6,889,399.
April 10, 2014
CPUC approves four resolutions for a combined grant and loan amount of $12,010,089.
- Surfnet Communications, Inc., Monterey Dunes Project, extending high-speed broadband service to 0.58 square miles in the Monterey Dunes area, located in Northern Monterey County. Resolution T-17431.
- Surfnet Communications, Inc., Paradise Road Project, extending high-speed broadband service to 3.30 square miles in the Paradise Road area, located in Northern Monterey County. Resolution T-17430.
- The Sunesys, LLC, Connected Central Coast Unserved and Underserved Broadband Project will build a 91.18 mile middle-mile backhaul network from Santa Cruz to Soledad, and extend high-speed internet service to 430 square miles covering Castroville and the California Highway 156 (CA156) corridor towards Prunedale, Chualar, Gonzalez, Soledad and Salinas in the Central Coast. Resolution T-17429.
- Ponderosa Telephone Company’s Cressman Project, extending high-speed Internet service to 3.56 square miles covering the Cressman area of Fresno County. Resolution T-17428.
December 19, 2013
CPUC approves one resolution for a grant amount of $1,755,042.
- Ponderosa Telephone Company’s Beasore/Central Camp Project, extending high-speed internet service to 3.49 square miles covering the Beasore and Central Camp communities of unincorporated Madera County and provide safety-enhancing landline telephone service in an area where there currently is none. Resolution T-17424
October 31, 2013
CPUC approves five resolutions for a combined grant and loan amount of $4,833,502.
October 17, 2013
CPUC approves two resolutions for projects designed to extend high-speed internet service into underserved rural and tribal communities.
October 3, 2013
The CPUC approves three matching grants that will improve internet accessibility in underserved areas in northern California's Shasta County, the central California Sierras, and along part of the southeastern California-Arizona border.
- The Happy Valley Telephone Company will extend high-speed internet service in Olinda, Anderson, and other unincorporated areas of Shasta County. A 60% matching grant has been rewarded to help fund the Olinda Project. Resolution T-17411.
- The Winterhaven Telephone Company project will cover the Winterhaven Community and other areas on unincorporated Imperial County, including the Quechan Indian Reservation, thanks to a $2,064,967 CASF grant. Resolution T-17410.
- Foresthill Telephone Company’s Big Dipper Project. A grant of $117,000 will help extend high-speed internet service to the Placer County community of Iowa Hill. Resolution T-17409
August 15, 2013
The CPUC has released unused funds and consequently made additional census block groups (CBGs) available for other CASF projects.
August 23, 2012
CPUC Approves $286,398 for broadband in Mono County:
December 15, 2011
CPUC approves increased grant award by $1,540,258
November 10, 2011
CPUC Approves 40% Matching Funding for Broadband in Alpine county.
September 22, 2011
CPUC Approves 40% Matching Funding for Broadband in Del Norte County:
September 8, 2011
CPUC Releases CASF Grant Awards for Other Applicants
June 23, 2011
CPUC Releases CASF Grant Awards for Other Applicants
- CPUC Releases Funding for Projects in Resolutions T-17196, T-17199, T-17237, T-17240, T-17242, T-17268, and T-17288 by Releasing $13,061,002 of California Advanced Services Fund Grant Awards for Other Applications, Resolution T-17317
June 9, 2011
CPUC Approves 40% Matching Funding for Broadband in San Bernardino County:
October 14, 2010
CPUC Approves 10% Matching Grant in the Central California Valley:
September 2, 2010
CPUC Approves Matching Grant for Broadband in Humboldt and Del Norte Counties:
July 29, 2010
CPUC Approves Matching Grant for Broadband in Poker Flat area of Calaveras County:
July 8, 2010
CPUC Releases CASF Grant Award for Other Applicants and Approves Matching Grant for Broadband in the northernmost part of the state:
June 24, 2010
CPUC Approves Matching Grant for Broadband in the Mojave Air and Space Port of Kern County:
May 20, 2010
CPUC Releases CASF Grant Awards for Other Applicants and Approves Matching Grants for Broadband in Fresno County:
May 6, 2010
CPUC Approves Matching Grants for Broadband in the Central Valley and Mother Lode Region
February 25, 2010
CPUC Approves Matching Grants for Broadband in Plumas Sierra
January 21, 2010
CPUC Approves Matching Grants for Broadband in Central Valley and Northern California
- Verizon: The Sea Ranch Project, helping Cazadero, Timber Cove and The Sea Ranch, Resolution T-17238
- Broadband Associates International: Northeastern California Project, helping Shasta, Modoc, Tehama, Lassen, Plumas, Sutter, Colusa and Lake counties, Resolution T-17239
- California Valley Broadband Project, helping the Central Valley and Delta communities, Resolution T-17245
December 17, 2009
CPUC Approves Matching Grant for High-Speed Internet to Lassen County
December 3, 2009
CPUC Approves Conditional Grant to Improve Broadband Service to Underserved Regions of Mono, Inyo, Eastern Kern, and Eastern Sierra
November 20, 2009
CPUC Approves Broadband Grants to Bridge Digital Divide in State
- IP Networks Inc.: Highway 36 Humboldt-Trinity Counties Project, helping Humboldt and Trinity communities of Bridgeville, Mad River, Dinsmore and Ruth, Resolution T-17227
- Ponderosa Cablevision: Auberry Project, helping the Fresno County communities of Mount Diablo Base and Meridian, Resolution T-17236
- Siskiyou Telephone Company: Seiad Underserved Broadband Project, helping the Siskiyou County community of Seiad, Resolution T-17237
- University Corporation at Monterey Bay: Central Coast Broadband Consortium Middle Mile Project, helping communities in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties, Resolution T-17240
- Race Telecommunications: Last Mile Project, helping the Kern County communities of Arvin, Bear Valley Springs, Boron, California City, Golden Hills, Mojave, Rosamond, Stallion Springs and Tehachapi, Resolution T-17241
- Nevada County Economic Resource Council: Nevada County Connected Middle Mile Project, helping the Nevada County communities of Cherokee, Hobart Mills, Junction House, Kingvale, Lake City, Moores Flat, North Bloomfield, North Columbia, Orleans Flat, Relief, Washington and Woolsey Flat, Resolution T-17242
October 29, 2009
CPUC Approves Grants For High-Speed Internet To Unserved And Underserved Areas
September 24, 2009
CPUC Approves Funding to Bring Broadband to Modoc County
September 10, 2009
CPUC Approves Funding for Southern Sierra Nevada Broadband Service
July 9, 2009
CPUC Approves Funding for High-Speed Broadband in Unserved Areas of Mother Lode Region
April 16, 2009
CPUC Approves Upgrade of Broadband Service in Underserved Rural Areas
March 12, 2009
CPUC Continues to Help Bridge Digital Divide With Approval of Broadband Projects in Unserved and Underserved Counties
February 20, 2009
CPUC Approves $8 Million To Help Bring Broadband To Unserved Areas
November 21, 2008
CPUC Helps Bridge Digital Divide Through Funding of Six Broadband Projects in Unserved Areas