California LifeLine Telephone Program (previously known as Universal LifeLine Telephone Service or ULTS)
California LifeLine Telephone Program - Rules and Regulations
- SSA Administrative Letter - 2014
- Revised Administrative Letter - 2013 SSA - Sets the Specific Support Amount Subsidy for the California LifeLine Program at $11.50 effective January 1, 2013.
- Resolution T-17337 - Sets the Specific Support Amount Subsidy for the California LifeLine Program at $11.50 effective January 1, 2012.
- General Order 153 - (REVISED per Resolution T-17321 and effective December 1, 2011).
- Resolution T-17321 - Revises General Order 153 effective December 1, 2011.
- General Order 153 - (REVISED per Resolution T-17202 and effective July 1, 2009 - November 30, 2011.)
- Resolution T-17202 - Revises General Order 153 to reflect administrative revisions to the California LifeLine Telephone Program effective July 1, 2011.
- General Order 153 - Public Utilities commission of the State of California - Procedures for administration of the Moore Universal Telephone Service Act effective May 3, 2007.
- Decision D.10-11-033 - Adopting forward-looking modofications to California LifeLine Telephone Program in compliance with the Moore Universal Telephone Service Act effective November 19, 2010.
- Decision D.08.08.029 - Adopting a Pre-Qualification Requirement for the California LifeLine Telephone Program and Resolving Remaining Phase 2 Issues effective July 1, 2009. Appendices
- Rulemaking R04.12.001 - Docket listing all documents pertaining to LifeLine rules, documents and decisions.
How to Become a LifeLine Carrier
- For carriers interested in offering LifeLine service in California, please contact Andrew Lomeli (Andrew.Lomeli@cpuc.ca.gov , 415-703-2854) to answer any questions and to begin the process of database interface with the 3rd party administrator. Anna Jew (firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-703-3087) can address any questions related to claims of reimbursement from the ULTS Fund.
California LifeLine Administrator (Solix, Inc.)
- Effective Date on Denials Global Issue (February 12, 2015)
- Guidance for Advice Letter Components regarding California Lifeline Wireless Telephone Services (February 14, 2014)
- Notice to All LifeLine Service Providers (December 3, 2012) - Offering California LifeLine Program Discounts
- Notice to All LifeLine Service Providers (November 30, 2012) - California LifeLine Rates Beginning January 1, 2013
- Notice to All Carriers (October 14, 2011) - Captioned telephone technology in the California LifeLine program
- Notice to All Carriers (September 9, 2011): Implementation of Weighted Average Subscriber Report in compliance with Decision D.10-11-033.
- Administrative Letter - Solix Form Name Changes (June 25, 2009)
- Notice to All Carriers Providing Residential Telephone Service dated February 27, 2009
- September 29, 2008 Workshop Staff Report
- Carrier instructions regarding toll-limitation
- California LifeLine Telephone Program Rates - Effective January 1, 2009
- Specific Support Amount (SSA) - 2013
California LifeLine Telephone Program Income Limits
California LifeLine Telephone Program Flat Rate Cost Factor (CF) pursuant to Decision D.03.01.035
California WIRELESS LifeLine Telephone Program - Claim Reimbursement Process
For Claim Period on or after March 1, 2014:
California LifeLine Telephone Program - Claim Reimbursement Process
For Claim Period on or after December 1, 2011:
For Claim Period on or after July 1, 2009:
For Claim Period on or before June 30, 2009:
- For claim instruction and sample form, please go to G.O.153 Section 9 and Appendix D
- For bad debt calculations and information please go to G.O. 153 Section 9.3.9. Sample bad debt spreadsheet should be included with monthly claim.
Claim form and supporting documents can be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com
LifeLine Working Group Conference Calls