At the end of 2014,
the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) State
Broadband Initiative program concluded.
In order to continue using broadband availability data to determine areas
eligible for broadband grants, the FCC has amended Form 477 to include
broadband availability data. Visit the FCC Form 477 website for more
The CPUC will
continue to collect broadband availability data from providers in an effort to
keep the California Interactive Broadband Map current, and to use as a resource for state grant
programs such as the California Advanced Services Fund (CASF).
To streamline this data collection, we ask California broadband providers to submit a copy of their FCC 477 data to us by April 1st of each year. Data Requests will be sent on or about March 1st of each year, outlining any instructions or changes in our data collection process. Please note: for this year, we have extended the deadline to May 1.
Please use the CPUC instructions and file formats on this website for your data submission as some file formats may differ from FCC 477 file formats.
Data current as of ...
CPUC Deadline for Submission
December 31, 2014
May 1, 2015 (April 1 for video franchise holders under DIVCA)
Who should submit data?
- facilities-based providers only (Not pure resellers)
- providers with broadband speeds > 768/200 Kbps
- must be able to provision new requests for broadband services within 10 days of a request
Where and How to submit the data?
- via email (3 MB or less only): firstname.lastname@example.org
- via ftp: send us an email and we will provide you with a secure FTP link
- via CD/DVD: California Public Utilities Commission
State Broadband Mapping Program
505 Van Ness Avenue, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
Please feel free to send any questions regarding this Data Request or your submissions to: email@example.com.