News and Events
- November 16, 2012: CPUC Issues Proposal on Use of Revenue from Sale of Greenhouse Gas Allowances by Utilities
- March 30, 2011: Order Instituting Rulemaking to Address Utility Cost and Revenue Issues Associated with Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Dec. 30, 2010: Administrative Law Judge's Ruling Issuing Workshop Reports and Entering Staff Documents into the Record
- October 27, 2010: Administrative Law Judge’s Ruling in AFV Proceeding
- September 10, 2010: CPUC Staff Paper Revenue Allocation and Rate Design: Facilitating Plug-In Electric Vehicle Integration Released
- August 30, 2010: CPUC Staff Paper The Utility Role in Supporting Plug-In Electric Vehicle Charging Released
- August 9, 2010: CPUC Releases Ruling on Phase 2 of AFV Proceeding
- July 29, 2010: CPUC Addresses Regulatory Authority to Create Vibrant Market for Electric Vehicle Charging
- June 30, 2010: CPUC Thought Leaders Panel -- What Role Can Clean Tech and Smart Grid Start-Ups Play in Solving the Climate Change Crisis?
- April 8, 2010: CPUC Thought Leaders Speaker Series: Ralph Cavanagh, Natural Resources Defense Council
- March 23, 2010: CARB Economic and Allocation Advisory Committee releases Final Report
- March 16, 2010: Joint Electric Vehicle Workshop: Accelerating the Installation of Home Charging Equipment
See all news and events
CARB Climate Change Master Events Calendar
AB 32 Collaboration
CPUC staff is actively involved in assisting the California Air Resources Board with the development of program to reduce the state's greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels.
The CPUC's Climate Section is providing subject matter expertise to CARB in support of the development of their Cap and Trade and 33% Renewable Electricity Standard regulations. The inter-agency CAT Energy and Water Subgroups meet periodically to coordinate the various agencies' efforts, keep agency principals apprised of progress, and provide agency staff and management with a forum to raise the high-priority issues of which they are aware. CPUC Climate Section staff currently coordinates the conference calls, staff-to-staff meetings, and principals meetings for the CAT Energy Subgroup.
In a joint CPUC and California Energy Commission proceeding, the two energy agencies developed electricity and natural gas sector recommendations for ARB implementation of AB 32.
State energy and environmental agencies are joining forces with the California Independent System Operator Corporation (ISO) to expand cooperation as they advance carbon cutting innovation and green job creation. By further collaboration on important state energy policies, California's Clean Energy Future points the way toward new investments in transmission, energy efficiency, smart grid applications, and increased use of renewable resources.