- January 23, 2013: Energy Division hosted a workshop on Distributed Generation and Flexible Capacity Procurement
- August 13, 2012: Energy Division hosted a workshop on Flexible Capacity Procurement.
- March 30, 2012: Energy Division hosted a workshop to more fully discuss proposals in the RA proceeding.
- January 26-27, 2012: Energy Division hosted a workshop on RA Phase I issues. Agenda and presentations:
- January 25, 2011: Energy Division hosted a second workshop on RA Phase II issues. Agenda and presentations:
- January 20, 2011: Energy Division hosted a demonstration of the 2011 RA templates in light of the new process adopted in D.10-12-038.
- January 18, 2011: Energy Division hosted a workshop on RA Phase II issues. Agenda and presentations:
- November 30, 2010: Energy Division issues Staff Implementation Proposals
- August 26, 2010: Energy Division hosted a workshop to go over the Local RA True-up Process for the 2011 compliance year.
- May 12, 2010: Energy Division posted an example of the demand response allocation process.
- April 30, 2010: CAISO posts the 2011 LCR Study.
- February 25, 2010: Energy Division hosted a workshop to discuss proposals in R.09-10-032 and a proposed decision in the direct access proceeding.
- February 18, 2010: Energy Division posted a summary of the January 27-28, 2010 workshops and several attachments.
- January 27-28, 2010: Energy Division hosted workshops to discuss proposals and Phase I issues in R.09-10-032. Slides from Staff and the CAISO were presented.
- January 11, 2010: Energy Division posted Staff Proposals in Phase I of R.09-10-032.
- December 18, 2009: Energy Division publishes detailed description of Qualifying Capacity calculation methodologies. All appendices (updated 2/18/2010) available in Word and appendix 1 in Excel format.
- December 14, 2009: Energy Division hosts a Standard Capacity Product workshop. Workshop Summary, Discussion Paper and California ISO presentation.
- November 4, 2009: CPUC issues R.09-10-032 to establish RA requirements for 2011 and 2012. ALJ Gamson is assigned to the new rulemaking.
- October 9, 2009: Energy Division publishes a fact sheet on the wind and solar counting methodology adopted in D.09-06-028.
- June 22, 2009: CPUC issues D.09-06-028, closing R.08-01-025. The Decision set Local Capacity Requirements for 2010, made certain changes to the calculation of Net Qualifying Capacity of intermittent resources.
- May 1, 2009: CAISO issues final 2010 Local Capacity Technical Analysis.
- March 23, 2009: Energy Division issued the Final 2008 Resource Adequacy Report.
- February 11, 2009: CAISO issues supplemental information for Joint Parties Intermittent Counting Proposal to the service list for the RA Proceeding.
- February 6, 2009: Energy Division report on the January Workshops. The report included some revisions and clarifications to earlier party proposals Results of the CEC's caclulations of some NQC Proposals were also sent to the service list.
- January 22-23, 2009: Energy Division hosted workshops discussing issues in scope of R.08-01-025, Phase II.
- January, 2009: Parties and Energy Division submitted proposals on issues in scope of R.08-01-025, Phase II.
- December 16, 2008: A party-led working group in R.08-01-025 released a discussion paper on effect of ambient conditions on the performance of thermal generators and the implications for NQC.
- October 6, 2008: Energy Division hosted a workshop to discuss topics in scope of Phase II of R.08-01-025.
- September 15, 2008: CPUC issued a Scoping Memo for Phase II of R.08-01-025.
- July 24, 2008: Energy Division hosted a workshop on 2009 RA templates and guides, including the new secure file transfer protocol for submitting RA compliance filings.
- June 26, 2008: Commission adopted D.08-06-031. The Decision set Local Capacity Requirements for 2009, made certain changes to Net Qualifying Capacity of new facilities, and delegated authority to Energy Division to transition the RA program to electronic submission of RA filings.
- April 15, 2008: Energy Division issued the Final 2007 Resource Adequacy Report.
- August 2007: Energy Division hosted a series of workshops on Resource Adequacy capacity market alternatives and other Track 2 Issues. Presentations are available here.
- April 25, 2007: Stakeholders met to discuss Track 2 of the Resource Adequacy Proceeding. Presentations are available here.
- March 30, 2007: Energy Division issued the RA Track 1 Workshop Report.
- March 16, 2007: Energy Division issued the Final 2006 Resource Adequacy Report.
- December 22, 2006: Assigned Commissioner's Scoping Memo on Resource Adequacy Phase 2 of R.05-12-013 was made available.
- December 18, 2006: Energy Division released information on filing dates for the 2007 RA Filings.
- November 28, 2006: Energy Division released information on how to file 2007 Monthly Resource Adequacy Templates.
- October 18, 2006: Laura Doll gave a presentation on the status of resource adequacy and long-term procurement to the Platt's CA Energy Markets Conference in San Francisco.
- October 9, 2006: Presention on Resource Adequacy, Reliability, Risks and Markets
- September 2006: Energy Division prepared a background briefing on Resource Adequacy and Long-Term Procurement Policies.
- September 7, 2006: CPUC provided an Update to the ISO board on the implementation of the Resource Adequacy program.
- August 2006: Presentation - Status Report: Resource Adequacy and Long Term Procurement Planning.
- August 10, 2006: Energy Division released the 2007 Resource Adequacy Guide and reporting templates.
- July 20, 2006: Commission adopted D.06-06-031 which resolves additional resource adequacy implementation issues and further refines the definition of a standard tradable resource adequacy capacity product.
- June 29, 2006: D.06-06-064 made refinements to the Commission's resource adequacy program and established Local Resource Adequacy Requirement starting in 2007.
- April 2006: Presentation - Status Report: Resource Adequacy and Long Term Procurement Planning.
- April 10 2006: ALJ Wetzell issued a ruling regarding a revised Phase 1 Schedule in the Resource Adequacy Proceeding, including advisory of a Staff Report. (pdf, 28mb, 4/10/2006)
- March 7, 2006: Workshop held on monthly filing for the Resource Adequacy Requirement.
- February 8-9, 2006: Workshop held to discuss Local Resource Adequacy Requirement. Proposals and agenda.
- December 15, 2005: PUC opens rulemaking to further Develop the Resource Adequacy Requirements Program.
- December 9, 2005: Workshop set to discuss the upcoming Resource Adequacy Requirement compliance filings.
- September 27, 2005: PUC issues Proposed Decision regarding Resource Adequacy.
- September 8, 2005: ALJ ruling issued revising schedule for Phase 2 rebuttal testimony.
- June 10, 2005: ALJ ruling issued which provides Notice of Availability of the Phase 2 Resource Adequacy Workshop Report and providing for comments.
- April 2005: Resource adequacy workshops were held on April 21, 22 and 29.
- April 7, 2005: ALJ Ruling issued. Additional resource adequacy workshops were scheduled, and the previously adopted Phase 2 schedule was rescinded and will be reset by future ruling.
- January – February 2005: Resource adequacy Phase II workshops were held.
- October 28, 2004: The Commission adopted D.04-10-035. Resource adequacy Phase I decision.
- July 8, 2004: The Commission adopted D.04-07-028, indicating that reliability is not only the ISO's job. The decision clarifies and modifies prior orders to indicate that it is also a utility responsibility to procure all the resources necessary to meet its load, not only service area wide but also locally. In doing so, a utility must take into account not only cost but also transmission congestion and reliability.
- June 15, 2004: Resource adequacy workshop report released for public comment. Resource adequacy workshops were held on March 16; on April 6, 7, 12, 13, 14 and 26; and on May 5, 17, 18 and 26. The workshops addressed issues such as protocols for counting supply and demand resources, deliverability of resources to load, and load forecasting. The purpose of the report is to identify consensus agreements reached by workshop participants, identify issues where agreement does not exist, and set forth options to resolve those issues.
- June 9, 2004: The Commission issued D.04-06-011, on SDG&E's Grid Reliability RFP. This decision also closes R.01-10-024. This decision approves the five proposals that SDG&E presented to meet its short-term and long-term grid reliability needs. Among those five proposals includes approval for SDG&E to purchase the 550 MW Palomar plant (in 2006 when construction is complete) from its affiliate, Sempra Energy Resources; and sign a 10-year Power Purchase Agreement for 570 MW from Calpine's Otay Mesa plant.
NOTE: These materials are no longer used. For current RA Compliance Materials, click here.
2011 RA Templates and Guides Workshop Materials (July 27, 2010)