Resolution TL-19105 requires that information relating to vehicle liability, cargo, and workers’ compensation insurance policies for motor carriers of passengers and household goods be filed with the Commission’s License Section in electronic format.
Login to Insurance E-filing
Frequently Asked Questions about Insurance E-Filing
To use the insurance filing option, you must be a representative of an insurance company, surety company, or an authorized California Surplus Lines Broker. You will need to have a User Name and Password. To register as a user please follow the instruction below:
For Insurance Companies
For Surplus Line Brokers
- A license number must be on file with CPUC License Section.
- May file for any LASLI (List of Approved Surplus Line Brokers) insurer.
- Download and complete the User Name Request Form listing the email address and names of persons (employees, or the broker) that will do the filing, along with a contact name, physical address and phone number for the contact.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com
- The CPUC License Section must be notified of any changes of personnel who are authorized to file insurance, physical address or contact information of Insurers, Surplus Line Brokers, and brokers and agents of insurers.
If you have already registered with the License Section, but have not received your E-Filing User name and password within 5 business days, please contact the CPUC License Section via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.