Which service providers can offer the CTF discount?
Participating in the program allows service providers to offer the 50% CTF discount and subsequently file claims for reimbursement.
Eligible customers can contact one of the many CTF service providers currently participating in the CTF program.
To participate in the CTF program, a service provider must:
- Obtain certification from (or register with) the CPUC *
- Collect and remit surcharges, as necessary
- Any tariffed service provider must maintain a summary of the CTF program within CA-state tariffs (see Administrative Letter No. 13)
- Make the rates/pricing of all CTF eligible services available to the public via tariffs or a price guidebook
- File a Payee Data Record (STD-204) with the CPUC
- Abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the CPUC, including any applicable Decisions, Resolutions, Administrative Letters, etc...
* CPUC certification is required to file CTF claims; however, it is possible for non-certificated/registered service providers to offer the CTF discount and collect reimbursement via a partnership with a certificated/registered and CTF participating service provider. Any such partnership or the creation thereof is not facilitated by the CTF program, aside from payment made to a certificated/registered service provider for approved claims filed on behalf of a non- certificated/registered service provider. For more information, please refer to Administrative Letter No 17.
Visit Service Provider Programs and Information for additional information from the CPUC.
Click here to go back to the CTF homepage.