On this page you will find information about alternative-fueled vehicles, including the CPUC's alternative-fueled vehicle proceeding (R.09-08-009).
Comments, legal briefs, and CPUC Rulings in the alternative-fueled vehicles proceeding are available on the Proceeding Documents page.
Read our fact sheet for more information on our Alternative Fueled Vehicles proceeding.
November 5, 2012: CPUC Settlement Approved by FERC Paves way for Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure for California's Diverse Communities
April 27, 2012: CPUC Files Settlement That Will Bring Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure to California's Diverse Communities
- October 27, 2011: Workshop on electric vehicle submetering
- July 14, 2011:CPUC Takes Action to Promote Alternative-Fueled Vehicles
- July 6, 2011 (Revision 2): President Michael Peevey's Proposed Decision on Phase 2 matters establishing policies to overcome barriers to electric vehicle deployment and complying with Public Utilities Code Section 740.2
- March 29, 2011: ALJ DeAngelis’ Proposed Decision Granting Intervenor Compensation for contributions to D. 10-07-044
- March 15, 2011: President Michael Peevey's Proposed Decision on Phase 2 matters establishing policies to overcome barriers to electric vehicle deployment and complying with Public Utilities Code Section 740.2
- Dec. 30, 2010: Administrative Law Judge's Ruling Issuing Workshop Reports and Entering Staff Documents into the Record
- October 27, 2010: Administrative Law Judge’s Ruling Requesting Additional Information and Setting Comment Schedule
- September 29-30, 2010: Rates Workshops
- September 27, 2010: Metering and the Utility Role Workshop
- September 10, 2010: CPUC Staff Paper Revenue Allocation and Rate Design: Facilitating Plug-In Electric Vehicle Integration Released
- August 30, 2010: CPUC Staff Paper The Utility Role in Supporting Plug-In Electric Vehicle Charging Released
- August 9, 2010: CPUC Releases Ruling on Phase 2 of AFV Proceeding
- July 29, 2010: CPUC Addresses Regulatory Authority to Create Vibrant Market for Electric Vehicle Charging
- May 21, 2010: Commissioner Nancy Ryan's Proposed Decision on the first phase of the AFV proceeding is now available.
- March 16, 2010: Alternative-Fueled Vehicle Workshop to identify steps the state legislature, the CPUC, other state regulatory agencies, and local governments can take to streamline single-user charging installations.
- Jan. 12, 2010: Scoping Memo setting the schedule and defining the scope of this Proceeding.
- Nov. 18, 2009: Pre-Hearing Conference
- Oct. 12, 2009: The CPUC hosted the California Energy Commision for a Staff Workshop for the 2010-2011 Investment Plan - Electric Drive Integration and Infrastructure. The workshop is part of a series of workshops to study funding opportunities for AB 118 funding.
- Sept. 16, 2009: Commissioner Rachelle Chong spoke at the Bay Area EV Corridor Public-Private Symposium
- August 20, 2009: CPUC to Consider Policies Related to Alternative Fueled Vehicles
- On July 15, 2009 the CPUC held an Electric Vehicle Workshop as part of its Smart Grid proceeding (R.08-12-009)
- May 22, 2009: Staff Paper on Electric Vehicles and Comments