The CPUC’s Risk Assessment Section provides key risk assessment and risk management expertise in researching, developing, and implementing new tools to enhance safety in California.
The mission is to promote safety by ensuring that the regulated entities integrate risk analysis and risk management into their operational, planning and other decision-making processes.
Recent Activities and Events
- October 27, 2015, Methane Leak Abatement Proceeding Workshop on Cost-Effectiveness and Best Management Practices (R.15-01-008) presentations:
- October 6, 2015 - Workshop #3 on Safety Model Assessment Proceeding (A.15-05-002, et al.) presentations:
- September 23, 2015 – Workshop on Methane Leak Reporting Issues (R.15-01-008)
- September 21-22, 2015 - Workshop #2 on Safety Model Assessment Proceeding (A.15-05-002, et al.)
- August 3, 2015 - Workshop on Safety Model Assessment Proceeding (A.15-05-002, et al.)
- April 6, 2015: SED Workshop on Natural Gas Leak Abatement best practices (R.15-01-008)
- July 30, 2014: SED Workshop on PG&E Application for Gas Transmission & Storage 2015-2017 (A.13-12-012)
- June 20, 2014: Envisioning Gas Pipeline Safety Research and Development: A Public Presentation
- March 19-21, 2014: Workshop on Risk-Based Decision-Making Framework to Evaluate Safety and Reliability Improvements and Revise the General Rate Case Plan for Energy Utilities (R.13-11-006)
- February 13, 2014: Workshop on NASA’s Aviation Safety Reporting System