On Sunday, July 18, 2010, Commissioner Simon will participated in the Ad Hoc Committee on Utility Market Access meeting as a part of NARUC's summer event in Sacramento. The meeting, moderated by Commissioner Harold D. Williams of the Maryland Public Service Commission, includes two panels, one of which will be moderated by Commissioner Simon.
Panel 1: Directed Brokerage and Research - Utilities' Perspective
This panel will examine the benefits of directed brokerage and research (i.e., nuclear decommissioning trust funds, utility pension funds, and other utility investments) and outreach opportunities to diverse emerging financial firms.
Moderator: Hon. Monica Martinez - Commissioner - Michigan Public Service Commission
- Eric Baggesen - Sr. Investment Officer of Global Equity - California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Enrique Bacalao - Assistant Treasurer - Alliant Energy Corporation
- Brian Chew - Director, Pension & Trust Investments - Sempra Energy
- Peter Corippo - Director, Investment & Benefit Finance - PG&E
Panel 2: Directed Brokerage and Research - Diverse Emerging Financial Firms' Perspective
Diverse and emerging financial firms will discuss the economic benefits of directed brokerage and research to ratepayers and utilities.
Moderator: Timothy Alan Simon - Commissioner - California Public Utilities Commission
- David Finkelstein - CFA, Principal - Williams Capital Group
- Constance Hunter - Managing Director & Chief Economist - Aladdin Capital Holdings, LLC
- Lawrence G. Peruzzi - Senior Vice President-Managing Director of International Trading - Cabrera Capital Markets, LLC
- Steven Singleton - Executive President/Director of Research - Blaylock Robert Van, LLC