Our program monitors supplier diversity in procurements by participating utilities and oversees a clearinghouse of women, minority and disabled veteran-owned business enterprises.
Our clearinghouse operator verifies the status of firms seeking certification as women or minority-owned businesses. Disabled veteran-owned businesses are certified by the Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Participation Program, a unit of the Department of General Services. View the most recent update to the public version of our supplier database.
Supplier Diversity 2014:
2013 Utility Supplier Diversity Procurement Reports
March 1, 2013: Utilities File Supplier Diversity Procurement Reports
Read our press release
March 1, 2012: Utilities File Supplier Diversity Procurement Reports
Jan. 2011: Supplier Diversity: Creating a Framework for Success, a white paper by CPUC President Michael Peevey with Marzia Zafar
En Banc – A Public Hearing on General Order 156 – The Supplier Diversity Program
When: October 9, 2014, 9 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
Where: University Southern California (USC), Town and Gown, 665 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90089
November 7, 2013, 9 a.m. – 3:15 p.m., University of California Mission Bay Conference Center, 1675 Owens St., San Francisco: CPUC En Banc Hearing: A Public Hearing on General Order 156, the Supplier Diversity Program - The purpose of this Hearing is to hear from the CEOs and Presidents of California’s largest investor-owned utilities. These leaders will discuss the supplier diversity programs and activities of their respective companies to encourage inclusion of diverse suppliers in contract opportunities. In addition, the leaders will share their views on creating supplier diversity programs entrenched in economic development and job creation for the 21st century, and beyond. The CPUC has also invited distinguished guests from the California Legislature, ethnic chambers of commerce, community organizations in support of supplier diversity, and emerging firms.
April 2, 2013: A Best Practices leadership Forum for Small Utilities — A discussion to elevate the role of small utilities in the CPUC’s Supplier Diversity Program in General Order 156.
Oct. 4, 2012, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.: CPUC 10th Annual Supplier Diversity En Banc, USC Bovard Auditorium, Los Angeles
Oct. 11, 2011: GO156 Diversity En Banc, Los Angeles
July 29, 2011: CUDC Diverse Advertising and Media Outreach Forum
July 14, 2011: Symposium on General Order 156 to Examine Barriers to Procurement Opportunities for Diverse & Emerging Law Firms within California’s Public Utility Companies
June 30, 2011: Electric Procurement Reporting Workshop; Taking the next steps with Supplier Diversity and GO156
Joint Informational Hearing on Procurement in Financial Services (CPUC General Order 156 Supplier Diversity Program)
- Oct. 21, 2010, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- CPUC Commissioner Timothy Alan Simon
- California State Senator Curren Price (SD – 26), Chair – Select Committee on Procurement
- Assemblymember Steve Bradford (AD – 51), Chair – Assembly Utilities and Commerce Committee
- The panel examined barriers to procurement opportunities for emerging and diverse firms in financial investment management and other services.
- Milton Marks Auditorium, 455 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco
- Media Advisory
Diversifying California's Green Economy: A Forum Hosted by Greenlining Institute and CPUC Commissioner Nancy E. Ryan
- October 13, 2010, 1 - 4:30 p.m.
- CPUC Auditorium, 505 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco
- AB 32 is the next job bank ... but are all our communities and entrepreneurs ready to take advantage of this opportunity?
- Agenda & Bios
- Video Webcast
En Banc Hearing on General Order 156 Supplier Diversity Program
- October 12, 2010, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Milton Marks Auditorium, 455 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco
- The CPUC heard from the CEOs and Presidents of California’s largest utilities in regards to the state of their supplier diversity programs and activities to ensure inclusion of diverse suppliers in contract bidding.
- Agenda | Media Advisory
Workshop: Utility Supplier Diversity Program on Supplier Certification: Helping Diverse Businesses Sell to Regulated Utilities (General Order 156): Clearinghouse operator will have representatives on hand to explain the application process and answer any questions that you may have about the Utility Supplier Diversity Program. Free!
- June 10, 2010, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.: CPUC Carmel Room, 320 W. 4th St., Los Angeles
Workshop: Barriers to Competing: This workshop will focus on barriers DBE’s and small businesses face when trying to compete for utility supply contracts. The workshop will address the following areas:
- Certification and Clearinghouse Issues
- Unbundling Large Contracts
- The Request for Proposal (RFP) Process
- Access to Capital
- June 7, 2010, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.: CPUC Auditorium, 505 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco
- Also available via video webcast
Workshop: Underutilized Areas Common Solutions and Industry Specific Solutions.
Helping Diverse Business Sell to Regulated Utilities Workshops: The CPUC and the Utility Supplier Diversity Clearinghouse operator will have representatives on hand at these two free workshops to explain the application process and answer any questions that you may have about the Utility Supplier Diversity Program.
March 4, 2010, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.: CPUC Auditorium, 505 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco
June 10, 2010: CPUC Carmel Room, 320 West 4th St., Los Angeles
Nov. 2, 2009, Public Hearing: Agenda
CPUC Report, Executive Director Paul Clanon
October 8th, 2008: CPUC's sixth annual hearing regarding diversity issues affecting regulated utilities and other entities: "California: Advancing Procurement Opportunities with California Investor-Owned Utilities".
- September 25, 2007: PUC's fifth public hearing regarding diversity issues affecting regulated utilities and other entities: Assuring Diversity – Growing California’s Future Leaders in Los Angeles
- President Peevey's Fourth Annual Diversity Hearing, "Keeping California First in Diversity: Raising the Bar", October 3, 2006, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Hiram Johnson Building, 455 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco
- On October 25th, 2005, we held our 3rd hearing on diversity issues, Workforce 2015-Will We Be Ready?
Are you interested in: