If you notice a public safety problem – such as a dangling wire or a gas leak – dial 911 and report the problem. After your call, you also have the option to file a complaint with the CPUC.
To file a complaint concerning public safety of gas, electric, cable, phone and mobilehome parks utilities, please fill out a public safety complaint online or send a letter U.S. mail to:
California Public Utilities Commission
Utilities Safety Branch
505 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94102-3298
Or, call us toll-free at 1-800-755-1447 For mobilehome parks please call 1-415-703-1126
Gas safety concerns include if you smell natural gas, gas facility appears to be unsafe, gas facility location is potential safety hazard, etc.
Electric safety concerns include, wires within the reach of pedestrians or vehicles, electrical arcing, detached wires, and wires lying on the ground, etc.
For all correspondence, please be sure to include:
- Your name and the name the account is billed under (if different)
- Service address
- Mailing address and phone number
- Name of the company you are complaining about
- Address and telephone number of the company (if applicable)
- The name of the company's representative you contacted (if applicable)
- Your utility account number (if applicable)
- A brief description of your complaint (please limit your complaint to two pages or less)