Skip to: Content | Footer | Accessibility
Click for RSS Feed of PUC Website     |    Resizing Fonts

Filing a Language Access Complaint
Welcome to the California Public Utilities Commission
Skip Navigation LinksPUC > Safety > Rail Safety > Rail Crossings > Form G Report of Changes

 Form G Report of Changes

Changes to rail crossings should be reported to CPUC staff within 30 days after the end of the month the changes were made.  The report should be made using CPUC Form G, titled "Report of Completed Changes at Rail Crossings".

Form G's should include the following information:

  • Under the "Crossing No." column, the CPUC assigned crossing number.  The U.S. DOT assigned number identifying the crossing is also requested, although it may be omitted where it is unknown;
  • Under the "County" column, the county where the crossing is located;
  • Under the "Nature of Change and Reference to CPUC authorization" column,  the street name, the roadway authority (typically the City, County, or Caltrans), the number and the type of warning devices installed or removed identified by standard warning device numbers as listed in Commission's General Order 75-D. Either the Commission Decision and Application numbers authorizing changes or reference to GO-88-B letter authorizing changes (if applicable). Information in this column should also include other changes made including but not limited to type of crossing material, installation of constant-time warning devices, and if Section 130 funds were used for the upgrade.
  • Under "Date Effective" column, the month, day, and year the changes were made effective.

The Form G can be submitted either electronically or by mailing a paper copy.

The email address for submitting electronic copies is . If an electronic copy is sent, the email should include the name, title, mailing address, and telephone number of the individual submitting the Form G, along with the name of the organization.  Also, type "Form G" in the subject line of the email.

If you wish to send a paper copy, send the original Form G to:

Rail Crossings and Engineering Branch
California Public Utilities Commission
505 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102

And a copy to:

Rail Crossings and Engineering Branch
California Public Utilities Commission
320 West 4th Street, Suite 500
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1105

Click on a links below to download an electronic version of:


Last Modified: 10/14/2014

Visit the CalPhoneInfo website!