Skip to: Content | Footer | Accessibility
Click for RSS Feed of PUC Website     |    Resizing Fonts

Filing a Language Access Complaint
Welcome to the California Public Utilities Commission
Public Utilities Commission 505 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco, CA 94102


Skip Navigation LinksPUC > Transportation > Movers > Movers

 Moving Companies


Household goods moving companies obtain permits from the PUC after showing financial and safety fitness. They must also prove to the PUC that they have adequate insurance and they are subject to criminal background clearance by the California Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.

See the Moving Companies: Consumer Information Center.

Before You Move!

Problems With Your Move?

If you have a billing or service problem with a moving company, and talking with the company does not resolve the problem, you can file a complaint with the CPUC.  For more information and detailed instructions for filing a complaint, please see our Moving Company Complaint web page.

Need Information on Starting or Operating a Moving Company?


Last Modified: 11/17/2015

Visit the CalPhoneInfo website!