The Electronic Filing (E-Filing) System allows you to file documents in formal proceedings at the California Public Utilities Commission from your office using a web-based application.
If you are filing a new application or complaint or a document in an existing proceeding, you may use the E-Filing System. Before you begin e-filing, review the User Guide. Once you have reviewed the guide, you are ready to start e-filing.
You can search and retrieve documents that have been electronically filed. If you are interested in following a particular proceeding or industry or type of document, check out our new Subscription Service.
Adobe Reader is required to view e-filed documents, click here to download the program
BEFORE YOU START E-FILING YOU NEED:
- An e-mail Account to receive communications about your filing.
- An Internet connection. The faster your connection (DSL, cable, etc.) the better.
- A web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla/Firefox for Windows.
- For Macintosh, use Mozilla Firefox. Safari and Netscape are not supported.
- A program able to create PDF/A compliant documents. Adobe Acrobat 7.0 (or higher version) of Professional works. SCANNING DOCUMENTS IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED!
- Copy of the Rules of Practice and Procedure for the e-filing rules (Rule 1.13).
Please note that you still need to perform service of your document on the service list consistent with Rules 1.9 and 1.10 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure. You should NOT submit a paper copy to the Commission's Docket Office if you e-file. Upon acceptance of your document for e-filing, you will receive an email notifying you that it has been accepted and providing you with a link to where it is posted.
Please give us your feedback on your experience using the new E-Filing System.
Need HELP? Please email us at Efile-help.