Skip to: Content | Footer | Accessibility
Click for RSS Feed of PUC Website     |    Resizing Fonts

Welcome to the California Public Utilities Commission
Skip Navigation LinksPUC > About CPUC > Divisions > Safety and Enforcement Division > Electric Generation Safety & Reliability Section > NERC GADS Filing Requirements

NERC GADS Filing Requirements

On May 7, 2004, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) adopted Decision No. 04-05-018 "Decision Adopting General Order Implementing and Enforcing Electric Generator General Duty Standards, Maintenance Standards, and CAISO'S Outage Coordination Protocol". This decision also includes General Order (GO) 167, Sections 10.3.2 to 10.3.4, which require all jurisdictional generators to submit design, event and performance data to the NERC GADS database.

The CPUC requires reporting of current plant data to NERC for all jurisdictional plants greater than 10 MW in total capacity, and both current and historical data reporting to NERC for all plants greater than 50 MW in total capacity. 


Authorization to Release GADS Data

All jurisdictional generators must sign a release form, permitting NERC to share the GADS data with the CPUC.

>>>  Download the Authorization to Release GADS data 


Mail the original completed release form to:

Elizabeth (Elsa) A. Prince
Engineer of Reliability Performance Analysis - RAPA North American Electric Reliability Corporation
3353 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 600 - North Tower
Atlanta, GA 30326


Mail a copy of the completed release form to:

California Public Utilities Commission
Safety and Enforcement Division
Electric Safety and Reliability Branch
Subject: Release of GADS data
505 Van Ness Avenue, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102


For further information regarding NERC-GADS account setup, data reporting, or available workshops in the state, please contact Elizabeth (Elsa) A. Prince at (404) 446-9861 by phone or by email.   


Related Links


If you have questions regarding the NERC GADS filing requirements, please email


Last Modified: 7/3/2014

Visit the CalPhoneInfo website!