The California Public Utilities Commission serves the public interest by protecting consumers and ensuring the provision of safe, reliable utility service and infrastructure at reasonable rates, with a commitment to environmental enhancement and a healthy California economy. We regulate utility services, stimulate innovation, and promote competitive markets, where possible, in the communications, energy, transportation, and water industries.
- We lead with integrity, take initiative, and inspire a shared vision in the pursuit of the public interest.
- Our skilled, dedicated, and diverse workforce provides the highest quality products and services.
- We promote professional growth, empowerment, innovation, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, and mutual respect.
- We provide an open, fair, timely, and inclusive process.
- We are responsible stewards of the human, financial, information, and natural resources entrusted to us.
- We provide accurate, timely information and consumer education.
The California Public Utilities Commission betters the lives of all Californians through our recognized leadership in innovative communications, energy, transportation, and water policies and regulation.