April 1, 2008 -- California Solar Initiative Research Development and Deployment Program – Notice of Release -- Request for Proposals for RD&D Program Manager
The CSI RD&D Program is pleased to announce the release of a request for proposals (RFP) for an RD&D Program Manager. The RD&D Program Manager will work with the California Public Utilities Commission on all aspects of the RD&D Program, from strategy development, to project solicitation and evaluation, funding recommendation, report preparation and periodic evaluation of the projects and program costs. The RD&D Program Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the CSI RD&D Program. Prospective bidders for the RD&D Program Manager should possess the following qualifications:
- Expertise in electrical and solar engineering
- Knowledge of California energy policy issues, especially relating to distributed generation
- Knowledge of concurrent solar R&D programs, both internationally and in the U.S.
- Legal expertise for contracting with both investor-owned utilities (IOUs) and grant recipients
- Accounting and finance expertise as needed for project management
- Knowledge of solar or emerging technology business development strategies
To register to participate in the CSI RD&D Program Manager Request for Proposal, please visit http://www.PowerAdvocate.com and select the “Register” option. Enter and submit your user information. Enter "Pacific Gas and Electric Company" in the “Company Name” field and “Roy Green” and the “California Solar Initiative” in the “Who referred you and what bid event” field. This posting is also available on PG&E's website, http://www.pge.com/b2b/purchasing/bidopportunities/.