In December 2011, the CPUC passed Resolution ALJ-274, which permits CPUC staff to fine natural gas companies for violating state and federal natural gas safety rules. The citation process allows the CPUC to act expediently in matters where violations of state and federal rules are clear and unambiguous. Citations may arise out of an ongoing investigation into related matters or when a violation is brought to the CPUC’s attention directly.
- Dec. 5, 2013: Citation issued to PG&E for $375,000 for General Order 112-E violation
- Nov. 18, 2013: Citation issued to PG&E for $50,000 for violations
- Nov. 5, 2013: $8.1 Million Citation issued to PG&E for Non-Standard Pipeline Testing
- Oct. 25, 2013: Citation issued to Southern California Gas Company for $150,000 for missing a leak survey on a distribution line
- Nov. 4, 2013: Southern California Gas Company Appeal of Citation
- Oct. 11, 2013: Citation issued to PG&E for $140,000 for General Order violation
CPUC Fines PG&E $16 Million Through Citation Program