Skip to: Content | Footer | Accessibility
Click for RSS Feed of PUC Website     |    Resizing Fonts

Filing a Language Access Complaint
Welcome to the California Public Utilities Commission
Skip Navigation LinksPUC > Transportation > Forms > Insurance Requirements for Moving Company

 Insurance Requirements For Moving Companies


Household goods carriers must file evidence of cargo insurance coverage of not less than $20,000 per shipment as well as evidence of liability coverage. Evidence of coverage is filed using a Commission-prescribed form.
Any household goods carrier that engages independent contractor subhaulers or leases vehicles from its employees must file a bond with the Commission in a sum of not less than $15,000 in accordance with General Order 102 Series.
Refer to the table below and click on the appropriate Commission general order to learn more about liability and cargo insurance requirements. You may download any of the general orders or request a copy from the License Section at (800) 877-8867 or
Insurance companies, brokers and agents may wish to view Important Information for Insurance Providers to learn about forms and procedures to use in making insurance filings.

Household Goods Carrier (Liability)     100 Series
Household Goods Carrier (Cargo) 136 Series


Last Modified: 2/26/2009

Visit the CalPhoneInfo website!