Resolution TL-19105 requires that information relating to vehicle liability, cargo, and workers’ compensation insurance policies for motor carriers of passengers and household goods be filed with the Commission’s License Section in electronic format.
The Insurance Electronic Filing will begin March 1, 2013. [Login]
IMPORTANT: For a 6-month transition period, the License Section will accept both electronic and paper filings. After September 1, 2013, paper filings will NOT be accepted for passenger or household carriers. While we will continue to accept cancellation notices by mail, all new policies and reinstatement must be filed on-line.
FAQs | Login
To use the insurance filing option, you must be a representative of an insurance company, surety company, or an authorized California Surplus Lines Broker. You will need to have a User Name and Password. To register as a user please follow the instruction below:
For Insurance Companies
- Download and complete the User Name Request Form and return it to email@example.com. If you have any questions please call the Insurance Unit at 415-703-1244.
- If Brokers or Agents will be filing on behalf of the insurer, the insurer must send the License section authorization for those brokers. Then the CPUC will send the User Name Request Form to the brokers/agents for their information.
For Surplus Line Brokers
- A license number must be on file with CPUC License Section.
- May file for any LASLI (List of Approved Surplus Line Brokers) insurer.
- Download and complete the User Name Request Form listing the email address and names of persons (employees, or the broker) that will do the filing, along with a contact name, physical address and phone number for the contact.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CPUC License Section must be notified of any changes of personnel who are authorized to file insurance, physical address or contact information of Insurers, Surplus Line Brokers, and brokers and agents of insurers.
If you have already registered with the License Section, but have not received your E-Filing User name and password within 5 business days, please contact the CPUC License Section via email at email@example.com.