General Order 165
VI. Applicability to Municipal and Publicly-owned Utilities
We herein seek the comments of municipal and publicly-owned utilities
regarding the extent to which the rules we adopt herein should apply to them.
We direct them to file comments no later than August 1, 1997, and will address
the matter in subsequent order.
Findings of Fact
1. The inspection cycles set forth
in Appendix A reflect industry practice and the comments of the active parties
to this proceeding.
2. The General Order attached as Appendix A
is promulgated to promote electric utility distribution system safety and
high-quality electric service.
Conclusions of Law
1. The Commission should adopt the
General Order attached as Appendix A.
2. PU Code Section 314 (a) permits Commission
staff to inspect utility records at any time.
3. Future modifications to the rules set forth
in Appendix A should be accomplished in this rulemaking proceeding.
4. The findings, conclusions, and discussion
in D.96-11-021 should be incorporated into this decision by reference to
the extent applicable.