The following rules require each
jurisdictional electric utility to:
- Prepare an emergency response plan and update the plan annually. Standard 1.
- Enter into mutual assistance agreements with other utilities. Standard 2.
- Conduct annual emergency training and exercises using the utilities emergency response plan. Standard 3.
- Develop a strategy for informing the public and relevant agencies of a major outage.
- Coordinate internal activities during a major outage in a timely manner.
- Notify relevant individuals and agencies of an emergency or major outage in a timely manner. Standard 6.
- Evaluate the need for mutual assistance during a major outage. Standard 7.
- Inform the public and relevant public safety agencies of the estimated time for restoring power during a major outage. Standard 8.
- Train additional personnel to assist with emergency activities. Standard 9.
- Coordinate emergency plans with state and local public safety agencies. Standard
- File an annual report describing compliance with these standards. Standard 11.
- Be subject to a restoration performance benchmark for major outages. Standard 12.
- Be subject to a call center performance benchmark for major outages. Standard 13.