Paying for Your Move

Most carriers insist that you pay in cash, by money order or certified check; however, you may arrange in advance for the carrier to extend you credit.  If the carrier will accept payment by credit card or personal check, be sure this arrangement in noted on the agreement.

Carriers must relinquish your goods upon payment of total charge due; however, should these total charges be higher than the Not To Exceed Price or the amount of your written estimate plus the Change Order for Services (if any) and the driver requires payment of that amount, you should contact the mover about what may be an overcharge.  If the matter cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, call the PUC for assistance at 1-800-FON-4PUC (1-800-366-4782)


Public Utilities Commission Offices