Moving Company Complaint

en español 

If you have a complaint about a moving company, and talking with the company does not resolve the problem, you can file a complaint with the CPUC.

To file a complaint, please do the following:

  • Print a copy of the Moving Questionnaire/Complaint Form (PDF) and fill it out
  • Attach legible copies of any supporting documents, such as receipts, cancelled checks, service agreements, claim forms, or email correspondence with the company
  • Mail the form and supporting documents to:

CPUC Complaint Intake Unit – Transportation Enforcement Section
Safety and Enforcement Division
505 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102-3298

If you would like us to mail you a copy of the complaint form, you can call us at 1-800-366-4782, or you can email us at We would also be happy to answer any questions you have about the complaints process.


In your correspondence, please include:

  • Your name and the name of the individual who appears on the bill/invoice/account (if different)
  • The address of the place for which you arranged the service
  • Mailing address and telephone number to which the invoice was addressed 
  • Name of the company that you are submitting your complaint about 
  • (If applicable) Address and telephone number of the company 
  • (If applicable) Name of the company representative(s) with whom you communicated
  • (If applicable) Invoice or account number with the company
  • A brief description of your grievance (please limit to two pages)
  • Legible copies of all documentation related to your complaint (receipts, cancelled checks, contracts or service agreements, claim forms, inventories, etc.)


Immigration Guide