Skip to: Content | Footer | Accessibility
Click for RSS Feed of PUC Website     |    Resizing Fonts

Filing a Language Access Complaint
Welcome to the California Public Utilities Commission
Public Utilities Commission 505 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco, CA 94102

File A Complaint

Skip Navigation LinksPUC > Consumer Information Center > File A Complaint > File A Complaint

File A Complaint

en español

The CPUC can help you file a complaint against a utility, moving company, or “passenger carrier” (such as a limousine, airport shuttle, or charter bus company).

Public Safety Complaints

If you notice a public safety problem – such as a dangling wire or a gas leak – dial 911 and report the problem.   After your call, you also have the option to file a complaint with the CPUC.  For more information, please see Public safety complaints

Billing, Service, and Other Complaints

Your first step is to contact the company directly.  To contact an electric, gas, telephone, or water utility, use the customer service phone number printed on the front page of your bill.  Be sure to have a complete copy of your bill in front of you.

If you cannot resolve the problem after talking with the company’s customer service representative, you can file a complaint with the CPUC. 

For further instructions on filing a complaint, please select a type of complaint:

For more information on how the CPUC can help you resolve issues, please see Do You Have a Question or Complaint?


If you are a utility employee, contractor, or subcontractor, you can file a Whistleblower Complaint.  Please see our Whistleblower FAQs * page for more information and find out how to file.  Note: If you are not a utility employee, contractor, or subcontractor, you may NOT file a Whistleblower Complaint.

Complaint Hotline

If you want to ask a question or submit a complaint about your phone, electricity, gas or water company, please call 1-800-649-7570 so that a Consumer Affairs Representative can assist you.

Si usted tiene alguna pregunta o desea presentar una queja en contra de la compañía telefónica, luz, gas o agua, por favor llame al 1-800-649-7570, y un representante de Asuntos del Consumidor le atenderá en español.

如果你对你的电话,电力, 煤气, 自来水 公司 有任何疑问 或意见, 请打中文服务电话1-800-649-7570。 我们的消费者服务代表可以帮你解决。

如果你對你的電話,電力, 煤氣,或自來 水 公司 有任何疑問 或投訴要講中文請電 1-800-649-7570。我們的消費者服務代表可以幫助你解决。


Last Modified: 5/18/2015

Visit the CalPhoneInfo website!