The CPUC conducts small business expos throughout the state to promote procurement opportunities and educate small businesses on important topics such as “How to Do Business with State Agencies and the Utilities. We focus on local/regional chambers, statewide ethnic chambers and other events sponsored by legislators, local government and business associations. The purpose of the expos is to:
- Help connect small businesses to utilities and government procurement specialists.
- Educate small businesses on the benefits of becoming certified as a small business, woman-owned, minority-owned, and/or disabled veteran-owned business.
- Enlighten small businesses of utilities’ best business practices and “how to get in the door” with utility companies.
- Inform small businesses of utilities and government contract opportunities.
- Provide networking with other small business owners.
Here is a calendar of our 2013 Expos.