TNC - Access For All Program Access Fund Administrator
The deadline to submit the required forms to apply to serve as a Local Access Fund Administrator (LAFA) for 2022-2023 Funding Year is April 1, 2022. See Application Instructions/Forms below for additional information.
The California Public Utilities Commission created the TNC Access for All Program to implement Senate Bill (SB) 1376 (Hill: 2018) which directed the Commission to establish a program relating to accessibility for persons with disabilities, including wheelchair users who need a wheelchair accessible vehicle (WAV).
In Decision (D.) 20-03-007, the Commission authorized Local Access Fund Administrators (LAFAs) to develop WAV programs locally, using Access Fund moneys collected by the Commission, and tasked the Consumer Protection and Enforcement Division to develop program rules for the selection of LAFAs, disbursement of funds, and compliance with data reporting.
Eligible entities that may server as a Local Access Fund Administrator are the following: Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO), Regional Transportation Planning Agencies (RTPA), and County Transportation Commissions (CTC) that are not an MPO or RTPA.
Staff will only consider applications along with the required information submitted on or before the deadline indicated under Phase II listed below. To be considered in that timeframe, the information must be received on or before the due dates indicated below. Information must be submitted to email@example.com.
To Apply See Annual Phase II
- Annual Phase I: Balance of Fund (expected by January 30 annually)
- CPED staff to provide Balance of Fund to MPOs/RTPAs/CTCs (See Funding Table below)
- Annual Phase II: LAFA Application Due
- TNC Access For All LAFA Program Overview and Requirements V.1.2
- TNC Access For All LAFA Program Overview and Requirements V.1.1
- TNC Access For All LAFA Program Overview and Requirements (Redline) V.1.1
- Application/Required Documents:
- Annual Phase III: CPUC Review and Award (Anticipate approval by July 1 annually)
- Annual Phase IV: Fund Distribution to LAFAs (Anticipate distribution by September 30 annually)
- Payments will be mailed to the address indicated on the STD 204 form pending Commission Resolution and subsequent submittal of the Consent Form.
- Annual Phase V: Access Program Development and Implementation
- Access Providers Reporting Templates can be downloaded here once available.
- Annual Phase VI: LAFA Reporting Requirement
- See Appendix C of the TNC Access for All Program Overview and Requirements (provided in Phase II above) for the reporting schedule.
Any deadline falling on a holiday or a weekend will be extended to the following business day.
The Access Fund is funded by a $0.10 fee collected on each TNC trip that is remitted to the Commission by TNCs each quarter per county/geographic area.
The table below lists each funding year and the corresponding quarters where the funds will be drawn from:
|Funding Year||Funding Sources||Funding Availability|
|2021||Q3 2019 - Q2 2020|
|2022||Q3 2020 - Q2 2021|
|2023||Q3 2021 - Q2 2022||-|
|2024||Q3 2022 - Q2 2023||-|
|2025||Q3 2023 - Q2 2024||-|
|2026||Q3 2024 - Q2 2025||-|
- Funding Year 2021: On June 24, 2021 the Commission approved Resolution TL-19133 approving 10 LAFAs.
- Funding Year 2022 (coming soon)
- Funding Year 2023 (coming soon)
- Funding Year 2024 (coming soon)
- Funding Year 2025 (coming soon)
- Funding Year 2026 (coming soon)
AFA Workshops and Training
- April 20, 2021 Working Group
- July 7, 2020 Information Session
- Presentation (Powerpoint)
For more information, please visit: TNC Access For All Program
Questions about this program should be directed to: TNCAccess@cpuc.ca.gov