CPUC Public Participation Hearings
The CPUC often holds Public Participation Hearings to hear from the public on issues before the CPUC. If you have questions about Public Participation Hearings, please contact the CPUC's Public Advisor. You can also read What to Expect at Public Participation Hearings.
See information on upcoming PPHs below. To see more CPUC events, check out our Meeting and Events Calendar.
Upcoming Public Participation Hearings
Ponderosa Telephone Company's Rate Case (A.16-10-001)
Public participation hearing in the rate case of Ponderosa Telephone. Ponderosa proposes to update its revenue requirement to $13,993,453. In Ponderosa’s last rate case, the CPUC approved a revenue requirement of $15,408,670. If Ponderosa’s rate request is approved by the CPUC, the residential basic rates would be set at approximately $32.37 in all exchanges, (including state and federal fees and surcharges), and the basic business rate would be set at $34.15 (not including surcharges and fees).
Cal-Ore Telephone Company's Rate Case (A.16-10-004)
Public participation hearing in the rate case of Cal-Ore Telephone. Cal-Ore proposes to set its residential basic rates at $21.63, not including the surcharges and fees that the FCC uses to set the Access Recovery Charge ("ARC") benchmark. The residential basic rates, inclusive of state and federal fees and surcharges, would be set at approximately $30.00, based on Cal-Ore's all-inclusive rate calculation at the time of the application. Cal-Ore also proposes to increase its basic business rate to $28.00, not including surcharges and fees.
Southern California Edison's Rate Case (A.16-09-001)
The CPUC is holding public participation hearings (PPHs) in the rate case of Southern California Edison. The dates, times, and locations of the PPHs are listed below. Southern California Edison's application proposes to increase rates and revenue by $222 million by January 2018, an additional increase of $533 million in 2019, and $570 million in 2020.
- May 9, 2017, 2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.: Fontana Jessie Turner Health & Fitness Community Center - 15556 Summit Ave., Fontana, CA 92336
- May 10, 2017, 2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.: Lancaster City Hall Council Chambers - 44933 N. Fern Avenue, Lancaster, CA 93534
- May 16, 2017, 2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.: Azusa Azusa Memorial Park Recreation Center,
320 N. Orange Place, Azusa, CA 91702
- May 17, 2017, 2:00 p.m.: Long Beach Port of Long Beach - 4801 Airport Plaza Drive
City of Long Beach, CA 90815
- May 17, 2017, 6:00 p.m.: South Gate City of Southgate Council Chambers - 8650 California Avenue, South Gate, CA 90280
- May 18, 2017, 2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.: Santa Ana Delhi Community Center - 505 E. Central Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92707
- View Edison's Notice of the PPHs
- View the media advisory
Prior Public Participation Hearings