The California Public Utilities Commission Small Business Program promotes small business economic vitality by offering programs and iniativies that support small businesses with utility-related issues, policies and practices. The CPUC program;
- Promotes economic development of the small business community by providing resources and information about state and utility contracting opportunities.
- Ensures the competitive nature of small business requests for state contracting and CPUC service needs.
- Provides the education and outreach necessary to raise internal and external awareness of various regulatory and legislative policy issues impacting the small business community.
The major components of the program are:
- Education and Outreach
- Certification and Procurement
- Small Business Liaison/Contact Us
In November 2012, new pricing plans will be in effect for small- and medium-sized business customers of PG&E.