CPUC Voting Meeting
|Location||Remote access only via webcast or phone|
|Contact||email VotingMeetingHelp@cpuc.ca.gov or call (415) 703-5263|
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) holds regularly scheduled public meetings where at least three of the five Commissioners (a quorum) meet to discuss and vote on proposed policies, rules, and other issues.
The CPUC welcomes public comment at its business meetings. The public comment rules outlined in Resolution ALJ-412, Adopting Rules For Public Comment At Business Meetings, enable Californians to exercise their right to be heard by the CPUC, and to allow the CPUC to conduct business in a timely manner. Pursuant to Resolution ALJ-412, the Public Advisor's Office is providing the following rules and guidelines that apply to public comment at the CPUC’s Voting Meetings.
To watch CPUC public meetings only (no public comment)
- Participants will have audio and video but will not be able to make comments or ask questions. To make comments or ask questions, please join via the phone line.
- For captions, after clicking on the name of the meeting, click the green button below the video. Then select captions by clicking on the white icon next to the word “live” at the bottom of the video.
- The webcast will also be recorded and archived for future viewing.
To make a public comment by speaking
If you would like to speak during the public comment period at the start of the meeting, you may comment in-person or participate by phone. We encourage you to call in or sign-up by 11 a.m. however you may make a public comment until the public comment period has ended. Reminder: parties to a proceeding cannot speak to issues related to the proceeding to which they are a party, nor can the public comment on matters outside the CPUC’s jurisdiction or on adjudicatory matters.
English Phone: 1-800-857-1917, passcode: 9899501#
Spanish Phone: 1-800-857-1917, passcode: 3799627#
- To make a comment by phone, dial 1-800-857-1917 and enter the passcode for the English or Spanish phone line, as indicated above. To make a public comment, unmute your phone, and press *1 (star one) when prompted by the operator. Once you press *1 you will be prompted to state your name and/or organization, please do so slowly and clearly. The operator will call on you when it is your turn to speak.
- Wait times depend on the number of speakers in the public comment queue. During times of high call volumes, wait times will be long.The operator will call on you when it is your turn to speak.
- Each speaker will have 1 minute to speak. Commenters requiring a translator will have at least twice the amount of time allotted to English speakers.
- The President of the Commission maintains discretion on individual speaker time allocations, depending on the number of speakers. A speaker may not cede time to another speaker.
- In-person comments will generally be taken first, and the order of speakers will generally be based on the order in which speakers sign-up or call-in. The President of the Commission maintains the discretion to alter the order of speakers.
- At the end of Public Comment Session, the CPUC’s President will ask if there any additional individuals who wish to speak. Anyone who has already made a public comment may not comment again at the same meeting.
If you experience difficulty calling into the Public Comment line, please send an email to VotingMeetingHelp@cpuc.ca.gov or call (415) 703-1496.
To make a public comment in writing
The CPUC also welcomes your written comments. Written comments on a specific proceeding can be submitted via the CPUC’s docket card. Please visit www.cpuc.ca.gov/docket, input the proceeding number, then click on the public comment tab. You can also visit the Public Advisor’s Office webpage at www.cpuc.ca.gov/pao for further information.
If special accommodations are needed to attend, such as non-English or sign language interpreters, please contact the CPUC's Public Advisor's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 866-849-8390 at least five business days in advance of the remote access meeting.
Virtual Escutia Room
The Commission is required by Public Utilities Code §311.5 to make available copies of all relevant agenda items and revisions associated with its Voting Meetings. When a Voting Meeting is held in a physical location, these documents are typically made available in physical form in the Escutia Room. The agenda items and their revisions are always available online.
Each time the agenda is published, it contains the links to the most current version of each item on the agenda for the Commission's voting meeting. When a revision to an agenda item is made, the revised agenda item is published on the Commission's website. The link to the item on the agenda is updated when that agenda item is revised. A revised agenda is published once a day if any agenda item has been updated.
Agendas: To access each version of the agenda, go to the Agenda Search Form, which can be found here: http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/AgendaSearchForm.aspx and select the desired meeting date in the Search By Meeting Date field, then click Search.
Agenda Items: To access the agenda item and any revisions, go to the Agenda Decision Search Form, which can be found here: http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/aDecisionsSearchForm.aspx and select the desired meeting date in the Search By Meeting Date field for copies of ALL items and revisions for that Voting Meeting, then click Search. To narrow the results, select the desired meeting date in the Search By Meeting Date field and include the proceeding number associated with the relevant agenda item in the Proceeding Number field, then click Search. *Note, not all agenda items will have revisions.
If you require a hard copy of a specific revision, please contact the Process Office at Process.Office@cpuc.ca.gov.
More info on the CPUC Voting Meeting webpage
Notice of Recording: This public meeting will be recorded and may be posted online for subsequent viewing.