California Electric Rate Comparison Website
The CPUC's Electric Rate Comparison website allows consumers to view the residential electric rates for any geographic area in a side-by-side energy provider comparison chart. For certain areas of California, electric energy is provided by either an Investor-Owned Utility (IOU) or a Community Choice Aggregator (CCA) service provider and consumers have a choice between energy providers.
Phase 1 residential rate comparison webpage will be an interim step prior to launching the website in early 2023.
All current rates including California Alternative Rates for Energy (CARE) for geographical areas may not be available on this site. Please contact your energy provider for current rates if rates are not available.
Contact Us for Questions about this Search
Address: Public Advisor's Office - CPUC
505 Van Ness Ave
San Francisco, CA 94102
List Of California Service Providers
Community Choice Aggregators
- Redwood Coast Energy Authority
- Sonoma Clean Power
- Marin Clean Energy
- Pioneer Community Energy
- Valley Clean Energy
- East Bay Community Energy
- Peninsula Clean Energy
- San Jose Clean Energy
- Silicon Valley Clean Energy
- King City Community Power
- Central Coast Community Energy
- Desert Community Energy
- Clean Energy Alliance
Consumer Discount Programs
- Family Electric Rate Assistance Program (FERA)
- California Alternative Rates for Energy (CARE)
- Energy Savings Assistance Program (ESAP)
- Medical Baseline
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
This Electric Rate Website allows California electricity customers to search for and view joint comparison rates, certain electrical generation disclosures, and other program information for each of the Investor-Owned Utilities and Community Choice Aggregators (CCA). This information is intended to help customers make informed choices regarding their retail electric provider.
To obtain additional information concerning a specific Utility/CCA, please refer to the information provided on the Joint Mailer.
- Rates for municipal utilities, such as Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) and Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP), are not available on this webpage.
- Rate information for unincorporated areas are not available on this site.
- Rates are provided by utilities and Community Choice Aggregators.
This website was created in 2022 for energy customers in California.