California LifeLine Program
California LifeLine provides discounted home phone and cell phone services to qualified households.
On December 31st, 2021 the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). Existing EBB customers will have a 60 days to transition to ACP. The federal ACP will provide a discount of up to $30 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
To find out if you are eligible please reach out to your current service provider or find out more at https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit. If you do not know your current service provider, please call us at 1-866-272-0357 or at www.californialifeline.com.
Your Phone Company
- Contact your phone company if you want to be on the California LifeLine Program.
- Your phone company can also provide general information about the California LifeLine Program.
California LifeLine Call CenterContact the California LifeLine Call Center for general information about the California LifeLine Program from 7 AM to 7 PM (Pacific Time) from Monday through Friday (except state holidays) at:
California LifeLine AdministratorContact the California LifeLine Administrator for California LifeLine Program application and renewal related questions and concerns from 7 AM to 7 PM (Pacific Time) from Monday through Friday (except state holidays) at:
California LifeLine ComplaintsFor complaints related to the California LifeLine Program, or help resolving application denials (appeals) for program participation, please contact the CPUC’s Consumer Affairs Branch (CAB) at:
Or Online by visiting CAB's webpage Assistance With LifeLine Billing and Appeals
California LifeLine Administrator OversightQuestions about the California LifeLine Program Administrator oversight should be directed to CaLLAdminOversight@cpuc.ca.gov.
- California LifeLine Contacts
- California LifeLine Eligibility
- California LifeLine Related Forms and Notices For Carriers
- More Information on California LifeLine
- Pilots and Government Partnerships
- Reports to the Legislature
- Universal Lifeline Telephone Service (ULTS)
- Universal Lifeline Telephone Service Trust Administrative Committee (ULTSAC)