Public Briefings on Utility Preparedness for 2022 Public Safety Power Shutoffs
|Location||Remote access via webcast or phone|
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), in ongoing efforts to hold utilities accountable for executing safe and appropriate Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events, is requiring the state’s electric utilities to publicly present on their preparedness for PSPS events in 2022 at two virtual briefings, as follows:
- August 1, 2022, 1– 5 p.m.: Southern California Edison (SCE), San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E), and Bear Valley Electric Service
- August 2, 2022, 9 a.m.– 1 p.m.: Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), PacifiCorp, and Liberty Utilities
WHAT: The electric utilities will provide updates on the status of preparation efforts and coordination with public safety partners, critical infrastructure and facilities, and customers, including those most vulnerable or with access and functional needs. The utilities will present on efforts to mitigate customer impacts and will identify changes to processes or operations in 2022 based on lessons learned.
WHY: The CPUC is requiring the electric utilities to publicly present on their preparedness for PSPS events in 2022. The CPUC oversees the utilities’ preparation for and execution of PSPS events and has been driving the utilities to improve in response to lessons learned from previous PSPS events. The electric utilities submitted 2022 PSPS Pre-Season reports to the CPUC on July 1, 2022. The reports included specific plans for Community Resource Centers, critical facilities, PSPS exercises, education and outreach-related surveys and accessibility efforts, notifications, highest risk circuits, and identified lessons learned from 2021.
WHERE: Access each briefing virtually via webcast or phone, as follows:
- Live video broadcast with English or Spanish captions via webcast: www.adminmonitor.com/ca/cpuc
- Participants who choose to view via webcast will have audio and video, but will not be able to make verbal comment. If you would like to make comments during the briefings, refer to the phone-in information below.
- For captions, after clicking on the name of the briefing, click the green button below the video for captions. Then select captions by clicking on the white icon next to the word “live” at the bottom of the video.
- The briefings will be recorded and archived for future viewing.
- Phone (English): 800-857-1917, passcode: 6032788#
- Participants will have audio (in English) and will be able to make comments.
- Media Advisory
- Agenda - Day 1
- Agenda - Day 2