Public Forums on PG&E’s 2023 Gas Transmission and Storage Rates
|Location||Remote access via webcast or phone|
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) will hold remote public forums to provide an opportunity for customers of Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) to offer their perspective and input to the CPUC about the company’s natural gas rate proposals, as follows:
- September 20, 2022, 2 p.m. AND 6 p.m.
- September 22, 2022, 2 p.m. AND 6 p.m.
WHERE: Remote access via webcast or phone for all four public forums, as follows:
- Live video broadcast with English or Spanish captions via webcast: www.adminmonitor.com/ca/cpuc
- Participants who choose to participate via webcast only will have audio and video capabilities but will not be able to make verbal comments. If you would like to make a comment during the meeting, the phone-in information is below.
- For captions, after clicking on the name of the workshop, click the green button below the video for captions. Then select captions by clicking on the white icon next to the word “live” at the bottom of the video.
- The forums will also be recorded and archived for future viewing.
- Phone: 800-857-1917, passcode: 6032788#
- Participants will have audio in English and will be able to make comments. (To make a comment, after entering the passcode, when prompted press *1, unmute your phone, and record your name.)
Customers of PG&E are encouraged to participate in a public forum.
Due to continued concerns about COVID-19, the public forums (also formally known as Public Participation Hearings) will not have in-person attendance. Members of the public can view the public forums via the Internet or listen and make comment by toll-free phone line. Those who would like to make public comment must participate by telephone.
You can also make your voice heard in this proceeding, and read the comments of others, on our online Docket Card comment section at apps.cpuc.ca.gov/c/A2109018.
WHAT: Each remote public forum will begin with a brief overview of the proceeding, followed by a presentation by the CPUC’s Public Advocates Office. Public comments will be heard via phone. At least one representative from PG&E will be present throughout the forum to answer service or billing questions.
BACKGROUND: On September 30, 2021, PG&E submitted its 2023 Gas Cost Allocation and Rate Design application requesting CPUC approval for its Gas Transmission and Storage (GT&S) Cost Allocation and Rate Design (CARD) proposals for the years 2023 through 2026. PG&E proposes to implement CARD methodologies concurrent with the GT&S revenue requirements and capacity forecasts proposed in PG&E’s General Rate Case A.21-06-021.
The CPUC welcomes remote attendance and comments on PG&E’s request at the public forums, as public comments will help the CPUC reach an informed decision. The Administrative Law Judge assigned to the proceeding is scheduled to issue a Proposed Decision in the case for CPUC Commissioner consideration within a year.
While a quorum of Commissioners and/or their staff may attend the remote public forums, no official action will be taken on this matter.
If special accommodations are needed to attend, such as non-English or sign language interpreters, please contact the CPUC’s Public Advisor’s Office at email@example.com or toll-free at 866-849-8390 at least three business days in advance of the public forum.
Further information on public forums is available at www.cpuc.ca.gov/pph.
The Ruling setting the public forums is available at docs.cpuc.ca.gov/PublishedDocs/Efile/G000/M485/K614/485614275.PDF.
Documents related to this proceeding are available at apps.cpuc.ca.gov/p/A2109018.
To receive electronic updates on CPUC proceedings, sign-up for the CPUC’s free subscription service at subscribecpuc.cpuc.ca.gov.