Clean Miles Standard Workshop: Phase 1 Staff Proposal
|Location||Remote access via Webex or phone|
|Participant PASSCODE||248 656 15086|
Clean Miles Standard Virtual Workshop: Phase 1 Staff Proposal
December 7 , 2022, 1-4 p.m.
The Consumer Protection and Enforcement Division prepared the first Staff Proposal for the Clean Miles Standard program implementation under proceeding R.21-11-014. The Staff Proposal Ruling was filed on November 17, 2022 with comments due January 5, 2023.
The assigned ALJ to the Clean Miles Standard proceeding has issued a ruling seeking comments on a staff proposal. The staff proposal describes the proposed program implementation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from passenger carrier services like Uber and Lyft, in large part by increasing the number of zero emissions vehicles being driven on these platforms. The staff proposal includes, among other things, innovative strategies to reduce the financial impacts on drivers that are encouraged switch to zero emission vehicles. This workshop will be an opportunity for CPUC staff the present the proposal, answer clarifying questions, and engage with stakeholders.
- Event Number: 2486 561 5086
- Event Password: S9UmEXisp56
- 415-655-0002 (United States Toll)
- 855-282-6330 (United States Toll Free)
- Access Code: 248 656 15086
- Access code: 3799627#
Contact Name: Stephanie Seki at Stephanie.Seki@cpuc.ca.gov, 628-217-1913
Note: A quorum of commissioners, and their advisors, may be present but no decisions will be made.
- Welcome from Staff
- Opening Remarks from Commissioner Shiroma
- Staff Presentation on Proposal: Staff to present highlights from the staff proposal.
- Questions on Staff Proposal: Open session for participants to ask general questions about the staff proposal and ruling questions.
- Staff Guided Q&A: Staff to present additional details on some sections of the proposal and prepare some questions to spur questions and comments from participants. Staff will discuss the following topics:
- Annual Targets and Proposed Implementation Timeline
- Low- and Moderate-Income Drivers and the Drivers Assistance Program
- Clean Mobility, Environmental and Social Justice, and Outreach and Engagement
- GHG Emissions Reduction Plans
- Public Comment (starting at 3:30 p.m.): Open session for participants to provide comment. Please come ready should you have comments you would like to share.