On this webpage you will find information about Pacific Gas and Electric Company's (PG&E) application for Approval of Regionalization Proposal – A.20-06-011.
In Decision 20-05-053, approving PG&E's reorganization plan resolving the insolvency proceeding, the Commission ordered PG&E to file an application for regional restructuring. Regional restructuring is one governance change the Commission ordered PG&E to implement as a condition of approval of its reorganization plan. The Commission found that regional restructuring has the potential to improve PG&E's safety performance and responsiveness to local communities. In compliance with the Decision, PG&E filed an application with a proposed regionalization approach on June 30, 2020. Due to the short timeline between adoption of D.20-05-053 and the filing of PG&E's regionalization application, there was general consensus among parties to the proceeding that PG&E's application would benefit from additional public input in order to further develop its proposal and subsequently submit a revised proposal to the Commission.
A staff workshop was held on November 20, 2020, for PG&E to present its regionalization proposal and to receive feedback from parties and members of the public. Parties filed written comments on December 16, 2020.
On February 26, 2021, PG&E filed an updated regionalization proposal incorporating feedback. A staff workshop was held on March 3, 2021, for PG&E to present its updated proposal and to receive additional feedback. Parties filed comments on April 2, 2021, and reply comments on April 9, 2021. A status conference was held on May 18, 2021.
- Visit the Docket Card (A.20-06-011) to view proceeding documents and make a comment on the proceeding.
- PG&E Application - June 30, 2020
- Scoping Memo and Ruling - October 2, 2020
- E-Mail Ruling Granting Modification of the Schedule - December 23, 2020
- PG&E Updated Regionalization Proposal - February 26, 2021
- PG&E Announcement of Appointment of Regional Vice Presidents and Regional Safety Directors – May 27, 2021
- Events and Materials
- Contact Information:
- Patrick Saxton, Senior Utilities Engineer, 916-5684, email@example.com