Tribal Technical Assistance Grant Program
For tribal technical assistance grant program guidelines and rules adopted by the Commission, refer to Decision (D.) 20-08-005.
Funding Goal and Amount Available for Grants
Grants to assist California Tribes in developing market studies, feasibilities studies, and/or business plans, which support Tribes in their pursuit of improved communications were specified in the Commission Decision.
Tribal technical assistance grants shall not exceed $150,000 per Tribe, per fiscal year. The aggregate amount available for awards (to all Tribes) shall not exceed $5,000,000 or until funds are replenished and/or exhausted.
California Tribes with or without federal recognition, that demonstrate Tribal leadership support are eligible for technical assistance grants.
Tribal Technical Assistance Grant Cycles
Applications may be submitted at any time. However, CD will consider applications submitted on or before each deadline listed below as a batch and quarterly for processing.
- October 1
- January 1
- April 1
- July 1
Deadlines that fall on a holiday or a weekend will be extended to the following business day.
List of Received Application and Approved Grant Award (Approval) Letters
- Applications Received by October 1, 2020 and Approval Letters
- Applications Received by January 1, 2021 and Approval Letters
- Applications Received by April 1, 2021 and Approval Letters
- Applications Received by July 1, 2021 and Approval Letters
- No Applications were received by October 1, 2021
- Applications Received by December 31, 2021 and Approval Letters
- Applications Received by April 1, 2022 and Approval Letters
Application Form Package, Administrative Manual, and Affidavit
To assist prospective applicants, Communications Division will host a Tribal Technical Assistance Program Overview webinar on September 8, 2020. See below for details:
September 8, 2020 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
For more information please visit:
General questions about the CASF Tribal Technical Assistance Grant program can be directed to: Tribal_Tech_Assist@cpuc.ca.gov