Internet and Phone
Learn all about the telecommunications regulation in California, including consumer programs, policies, broadband maps, tariffs and rates, quality reports, area codes, and more.
Internet and Phone programs for Consumers
50% discount to qualifying K–12 schools, libraries, community colleges, government-owned hospitals and health clinics, community-based organizations, and community-based healthcare organizations.
Provides assistive telecommunications equipment, speech-generating devices, and relay services to consumers with hearing, vision, speech, cognitive, and mobility disabilities.
- Federal Broadband Funding Rural Digital Opportunity Fund
- Communications Division En Banc
- April 2, 2019: Safety Principles for Communications Providers - CPUC staff paper
- Broadband Infrastructure Deployment Proceeding (R.20-09-001)
- Claims Tutorial
- Frontier Transfer Proceeding
- LifeLine Related Forms and Notices For Carriers
- MLTS: E911 Requirements for Service Providers of Multi-Line Telephone Systems
- Network Exam of AT&T and Frontier/Verizon, 2010-2017
- Service Quality
- Surcharge and Fee Proceeding (R. 21-03-002)
- Telecommunications Service Discount and Subsidy Programs
- Telecommunications Surcharges and User Fees
- The Prepaid Mobile Telephony Services Surcharge Collection Act
- CPUC Comments on FCC Proceedings
- Telecommunications Carrier Types with Definition
Workshop: Resiliency and Microgrids Proceeding - Microgrid Incentive Program Draft Implementation Plan
Looking for a Specific Type of Document?
The Division also reviews General Orders and policies to show the clear competitive environment and changing regulatory structure for the telecommunications industry. They handle the implementation and oversight of local competition and competitive issues. They also review, analyze, and advise on carrier-to-carrier arrangements, interconnection agreements, and competitive access issues. They respond to utility applications for mergers, divestitures, and acquisitions. They also implement Area Code Policy, equal access reform, and analysis on several resource allocation issues. They develop, advise and implement policy on 911, back-up power, and other consumer protection issues.