November 2018 California Wildfires
The CPUC is conducting staff investigations of the Camp Fire in PG&E's service territory and the Woolsey Fire in Southern California Edison's service territory to assess the compliance of electric facilities with applicable rules and regulations (CAL FIRE determines the sources of ignition of the fires and the way that the fires spread).
The CPUC works closely with CAL FIRE and Cal OES through Memorandums of Understanding that deal with how the agencies coordinate on response to fires and investigations.
Utility Incident Reports
- Dec. 11, 2018: PG&E Supplemental Notice to Nov. 8 and 16 Notifications
- Nov. 16, 2018: PG&E's Second Camp Fire Incident Report
- Nov. 8, 2018: PG&E's Camp Fire Incident Report
- Nov. 8, 2018: Edison's Woolsey Fire Incident Report
- Dec. 6, 2018: Edison Supplemental Notice
Past Audit Reports
- Dec. 22, 2014: PG&E North Valley Division Electric Audit
- Nov. 8, 2011: PG&E North Valley Division Electric Audit
News and Updates
- Nov. 26, 2018: CPUC to Hold State's First Wildfire Technology Innovation Summit March 20-21, 2019
- Nov. 15, 2018: In the interest of transparency and in an abundance of caution, CPUC Michael Picker, filed a Notice of Communications. The meetings described do not constitute ex parte communications because there was not a discussion of a formal proceeding.
- Nov. 15, 2018: CPUC Issues President Statement on Wildfires and Provides Information on Wildfire Actions
- Nov. 14, 2018: CPUC Provides Wildfire-Impacted Customers with Information on Automatic Protections
- The CPUC's Consumer Affairs Branch is available to assist consumers with billing and service questions and complaints involving their regulated utility providers. You may contact the Consumer Affairs Branch at (800) 649-7570 (M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) or to submit a complaint, please visit our utility complaints page.
- The CPUC's Public Advisor's Office provides procedural information to individuals and groups who want to participate in formal proceedings at the CPUC. In addition, the Public Advisor's Office provides programs and services to educate and assist the public, including special accommodations and interpreter services. You can contact the Public Advisor's Office at (866) 849-8390 or firstname.lastname@example.org gov.
- California Wildfires Statewide Recovery Resources
- Cal OES
- CAL FIRE
- American Red Cross
- United Way
- Southern California Edison