CASF Rural and Urban Regional Broadband Consortia Account
Consortia Grant Account Overview
The California Advanced Services Fund (CASF) Rural and Urban Regional Broadband Consortia Account (Consortia Grant Account), among other CASF accounts, is established by Senate Bill (SB) 1040 on September 25, 2010. For more historical information, please see the program's history.
On October 15, 2017, the Consortia Grant Account is authorized by Assembly Bill (AB) 1665 with an additional $10 million funding, which is currently available for Consortia Grant funding through the 2019 Grant Cycle solicitation.
For Consortia program guidelines and rules adopted by the California Public Utilities Commission (Commission), refer to Decision (D.) 18-10-032.
Pursuant to AB 1665, the CASF Consortia Grant Account funds grants to facilitate the deployment of broadband services by assisting infrastructure grant applicants in the project development or grant application process.
An eligible Consortium may include representatives, of organizations including, but not limited to, local and regional government, public safety, elementary and secondary education, health care, libraries, postsecondary education, community-based organizations, tourism, parks and recreation, agricultural, business, workforce organizations, and air pollution control or air quality management districts. An eligible Consortium is not required to have as its lead fiscal agent an entity with a certificate of public convenience and necessity.
2021 Consortia Grant Cycle
The CASF Rural and Urban Regional Broadband Consortia Grant Account shall be available for grants to eligible consortia to facilitate deployment of broadband services by assisting infrastructure applicants in the project development or grant application process. The CASF Consortia Grant Account funding is limited to Consortia activities directly related to and in support of CASF infrastructure applications (i.e., an infrastructure application requesting CASF funding, an infrastructure application requesting CASF and non-CASF funding).
- Solicitation for the California Advanced Services Fund Rural and Urban Regional Broadband Consortia Grant Applications (closed, applications due date was extended to February 12, 2021 see Extension Notice)
- CASF Regional Broadband Consortia Grant Informational Webinar May 12, 2020 Slides
- Applications for the 2021 Cycle Received by the Deadline
- Application Package and Administrative Manual
Consortia with Active Grant
- Broadband Consortium of the Pacific Coast
- Central Coast Broadband Consortium
- Connected Capital Area Broadband Consortium
- Gold Country Broadband Consortium
- Inland Empire Regional Broadband Consortium
- Los Angeles Digital Equity Action League Consortium
- North Bay/North Coast Consortium
- Northeastern California Connect Consortium
- Redwood Coast Connect Broadband Consortium
- San Joaquin Valley Regional Broadband Consortium
- Southern Border Broadband Consortium
- Tahoe Basin Project
- Upstate California Connect Consortium
Consortia Whose Grant Period Has Ended
- California's One Million New Internet Users Coalition
- Central Sierra Connect Consortium
- East Bay Broadband Consortium
- Eastern Sierra Connect Consortium
- Inyo-Mono Broadband Consortium
- Los Angeles County Regional Broadband Consortium
- San Diego Imperial Regional Broadband Consortium
CASF Consortia information can be found here. Please contact the listed consortium representatives for more information.
For more information please visit:
- LA DEAL Work Plan and Performance Metrics Plan
- 2020 cycle Consortia grants awarded under Resolution T-17708
- Solicitation for the California Advanced Services Fund Rural and Urban Regional Broadband Consortia Grant Applications 2020 Cycle (Closed)
- Applications for the 2020 Cycle Received by the June 5, 2020 Deadline
- Solicitation for the California Advanced Services Fund Rural and Urban Regional Broadband Consortia Grant Applications 2019 Cycle (Closed)
- Applications for the 2019 Cycle Received by the May 17, 2019 Deadline
- For the 2016 Cycle - Consortia Grant Administrative Manual (Version 6, Feb 2017), Quarterly Report Documents Template
- CASF Broadband Consortia Region Map
- 2018 Consortia Learning Summit
- Performance Audit of California's One Million New Internet Users (NIU) Coalition Consortia program
General questions about the CASF Consortia Grant program can be directed to: